Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Threaded View

Default New Red Machine, Not a Lincoln

I bought myself a new red machine for riding to work and to play offroad with. I needed someplace to secure extra cargo to carry along. There was no place for this as it came from the dealer,first picture. The dealer could order an aftermarket one for a ONLY $162, and at least a week waiting period.
    I had some 1/2" 14 gage square tubing in the scrap metal stack and some 1" 11 gage flat stock. I got out the MM140 and chopsaw and got to work. This is what I came up with. It has enough room to strap down 3 12 packs of beer for the trip home, without stacking them. It's strong enough to carry more if I stack it and tie down well. I can carry an extra gas can and cooler for longer off-road trips, or on-road for that matter. The bag behind the seat is just right for carrying the tie-down straps.
    This should help save me some gas money going to work and back, and if I need a few smaller items from town without having to take the truck to get them. The bike only uses about a gallon of gas round trip to work, and my truck uses more than 3 for the same trip. It's an XR 650 L, so it has plenty enough power to keep up with traffic on the highway
    Attached Images Attached Images

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 82

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.