Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default New Red Machine, Not a Lincoln

I bought myself a new red machine for riding to work and to play offroad with. I needed someplace to secure extra cargo to carry along. There was no place for this as it came from the dealer,first picture. The dealer could order an aftermarket one for a ONLY $162, and at least a week waiting period.
    I had some 1/2" 14 gage square tubing in the scrap metal stack and some 1" 11 gage flat stock. I got out the MM140 and chopsaw and got to work. This is what I came up with. It has enough room to strap down 3 12 packs of beer for the trip home, without stacking them. It's strong enough to carry more if I stack it and tie down well. I can carry an extra gas can and cooler for longer off-road trips, or on-road for that matter. The bag behind the seat is just right for carrying the tie-down straps.
    This should help save me some gas money going to work and back, and if I need a few smaller items from town without having to take the truck to get them. The bike only uses about a gallon of gas round trip to work, and my truck uses more than 3 for the same trip. It's an XR 650 L, so it has plenty enough power to keep up with traffic on the highway
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice job on rack. Would also like to have a bike like that.

you had me at 3 12 packs. Nice job
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
    DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
    Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
    20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
    Propane Forge
    60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
    Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
    and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

Quote Originally Posted by kevhead63 View Post
    Nice job on rack. Would also like to have a bike like that.
    See your local Honda dealer, I'm sure they can get you fixed up with one. When you get it, let me know and I can give you the dimensions of this one so you can try to build one like it.

Sounds good, but in Wisconsin we buy 30 packs.

Quote Originally Posted by kevhead63 View Post
    Sounds good, but in Wisconsin we buy 30 packs.
    ...and still only make it home with 24...
    MillerMatic 211 Auto-set w/MVP
    Just For Home Projects.