Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Yard Trailer

Default Yard Trailer

Here is a yard trailer I built a few years ago to haul stuff around the yard with the lawn mower. It has a dump bed and the sides are removable for carrying larger odd shaped items like sheets of plywood or my welding table. The deck is 1/8" plate, had to weld three pieces together to get this width. I just wish I had some way to add wider tires to support heavier loads on soft soggy ground. I guess I could cut the bead rim off, weld in a section of appropriate sized pipe and weld the bead rim back on and fit wider tires. I think I have a piece of 8" pipe that may work for this.
    Sorry folks no construction pics, just finished project. I built this before I joined the forum, so didn't think about it then.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Nice

Way nicer than any I have ever seen at a store. I like the JD colors and emblems. Nice work thats really cool.
    Never Satisfied

Millermatic 211
    Maxstar 150STL
    Metabos
    Kennedy Maintenance Pro Full
    Makita Cordless 18v Li-Ion
    Stihl TS 420

Timfrank88@live.com

Ilike it. Need one myself. Just to get time to make it. Ilike the removable sides.Good job.
    252 Miller Mig
    180 Synchrowave
    R - 45 Milling Machine
    Kingston 1100 Lathe
    Miller 2050 Plasma Cutter

Quote Originally Posted by Rezeppa View Post
    Way nicer than any I have ever seen at a store. I like the JD colors and emblems. Nice work thats really cool.
    Most of the store bought ones will collapse from load before this one starts to grunt hard. I made it to use with my JD mower, but after doing some deck and fender repair to my Craftsman mower it got the JD green and yellow treatment too with the left over paint, still had to buy a little more to finish painting the Craftsman. The emblems are bumper stickers from the JD dealership.

Quote Originally Posted by metal-doctor View Post
    Ilike it. Need one myself. Just to get time to make it. Ilike the removable sides.Good job.
    Having removable sides and front has come in handy several times. I also made lead wraps on each side if I ever need to put the Bobcat on it. But it has it's own trailer so should be no need for it unless I need to do some work on that trailer. I have done some work, where I had to put a generator on it along with a bunch of other stuff and wrapped 100'extension cords on it.
    The last picture you can see both trailers, the welding trailer is in the background. If you look you can see the wraps on the side.
    Attached Images Attached Images

What cute little trailer! Looks very useful. Nice, man...
    Professional firefighter (retired). Amateur everything else I try to do...
    Oh yeah: GO BIG RED!