Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default blueprint reading

Do any body knows where I can get some info on blueprint reading

Take a drafting course at your local JC.
    Obviously, I'm just a hack-artist, you shouldn't be listening to anything I say .....

That was a very rude answer and absolutely no help at all. Of course you didn't mean to help. You just wanted to be a smart a$$ and you achieved that.
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
    DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
    Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
    20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
    Propane Forge
    60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
    Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
    and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

Default Jmk

Try your local library

Quote Originally Posted by monte55 View Post
    That was a very rude answer and absolutely no help at all. Of course you didn't mean to help. You just wanted to be a smart a$$ and you achieved that.
    Bull sheet,,,,, Monte. We've butted heads several times before, usually over your friggin fuzzy sensitive viewpoints. Thirty years ago, a company requested I learned how to read blueprints, THAT is exactly what they recommended I do. Case closed, if you can draw 'em you can read 'em.

Oh, yeah,,,,, just wanted to mention. I killed a couple rabbits last week, they were trying to eat my pepper plants Didn't even bother trying to make rabbit stew out of them; they were so bloody (12 ga.), just tossed the carcasses into the compost pile, they'll be part of next year's tomatoes.
    Obviously, I'm just a hack-artist, you shouldn't be listening to anything I say .....

http://www.amazon.com/Printreading-W...7393693&sr=8-2

Give this a shot. Kind of pricey but there are cheaper ones on Amazon.com. Good luck. Print reading is a huge part of becoming a good all around employee.

Quote Originally Posted by JSFAB View Post
    Bull sheet,,,,, Monte. We've butted heads several times before, usually over your friggin fuzzy sensitive viewpoints. Thirty years ago, a company requested I learned how to read blueprints, THAT is exactly what they recommended I do. Case closed, if you can draw 'em you can read 'em.

Oh, yeah,,,,, just wanted to mention. I killed a couple rabbits last week, they were trying to eat my pepper plants Didn't even bother trying to make rabbit stew out of them; they were so bloody (12 ga.), just tossed the carcasses into the compost pile, they'll be part of next year's tomatoes.
    The person asked a simple question. He didn't say he wanted to learn for a job. If so, your answer would have been fine. If someone asked you for directions to somewhere, would you tell them to get a job at Rand McNally or buy a GPS? You could tell them also to go to a JC. Be sure to tell them the rabbit story. That will impress them.
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Propane Forge

You don't need to know how to draw them to read them otherwise i'd be screwed. I'm gonna have to agree with Monte on this one. I have been known to shoot a rabbit from time to time though.

let the rabbits eat the peppers and then eat the rabbits. They will already be seasoned. Simple. I also say feed tuna fish mayo. One less step when making a sandwich.
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Propane Forge

I prefer my rabbit/lamb etc. flavored with rosemary. Plenty of rosemary here, but the rabbits won't eat it.

There is nothing, to my mind, more disgusting than watered-down mayo. Besides, don't fish have feelings??????

Getting back to the original question, there is no better way of learning how to read blueprints than learning how to draw them. You don't even need to be good at drawing, you don't even need to pass the class, but you will learn the basics of blueprints.

Not even sure if they still teach drafting nowadays,,,,, isn't it all autocad today?

I simply answered the question as I read and saw it.

Sorry I got your panties all bunched up, Monte.