Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default maxstar 150sth plug?

I have an older unit anyone know if I can get the newer plug to go 120v, 230v. Thank you
    I did use the search and found nothing.

If you are talking about the mvp plug in wont work on this. Just keep an adapter since machine is an auto link.
    2, XMT's 350 cc/cv
    1, BOBCAT 250
    1, TRAILBLAZER 302
    1, MILLER DVI
    1, PASSPORT PLUS
    1, DYNASTY 200 DX
    1, MAXSTAR 150 STL
    1, HOBART CHAMP
    1, HF-251 BOX
    1, S-74d
    1, S-75DXA
    2, 12-RC SUITCASES
    2, 30 A spoolguns

Default Adapter?

Any idea where I would get an adapter?? Miller?

I have the same machine and I couldn't find an adapter either.
    I took a metal outlet box, welded a stub of conduit to the end that I attached a 220 welder plug directly to then wired that to a regular 20 amp 110 receptacle in the outlet box, screw the cover on and plug it in. Works great but.... WARNING!!!! Make sure you keep it in your possession and have it well marked as 220 because if someone accidentally plugs a 110 tool into it the result will be a lot of smoke!

Default Any other ideas?

Any other ideas??? If it will truly auto link I may just re wire it for 220v.
    Thanks.

Just make your own ,very simple.
    2, XMT's 350 cc/cv
    1, BOBCAT 250
    1, TRAILBLAZER 302
    1, MILLER DVI
    1, PASSPORT PLUS
    1, DYNASTY 200 DX
    1, MAXSTAR 150 STL
    1, HOBART CHAMP
    1, HF-251 BOX
    1, S-74d
    1, S-75DXA
    2, 12-RC SUITCASES
    2, 30 A spoolguns

I went through this about 4 months ago this post had me laughing so hard. I ended up buying a nema twist lock end and the thermal dynamic / miller spectrum whips to go to 120 or 240 it was about 70$ to do it that way. The benifit was to only have one non blow molded receptacle on the welder reducing failure. My other option that I had was what you originally said swap out the cord to the spectrum style part #s 225180 MVP cord, 219258 MVP 220v, 219261 MVP 110v. That route it probably not the best but it was 100$ less than the new MVP. Because all the parts are blowmolded it gives for less chance of failure. You could also buy the new style parts like you said that are on the 211 or new Maxstar but those parts are much more costly about 100$ more If you want the part #s I'll look them up for you. I understand someone stated earlyier it would not work but my lws stated it would so that option might not exsist. Well back to my laughter after going through what you are talking about with converting my old 2003 style to the newer one I picked up a contract with a hazardous chemical business that insisted that all equipment had to have hazardous plugs on the end so after going through about 4 hours or research and my extreme over thought process. The route I ended up going with was returning my parts and instaling extremely expensive hazardous plugs on my welder and dedicating it to that contract are replaceing it with a new one.
    Last edited by Rezeppa; 05-15-2012 at 10:51 AM.
    Never Satisfied

Millermatic 211
    Maxstar 150STL
    Metabos
    Kennedy Maintenance Pro Full
    Makita Cordless 18v Li-Ion
    Stihl TS 420

Timfrank88@live.com

Default Thats what I was looking for.

I have been sending messages back and forth to miller tec. they are telling me that their is a part# for a miller adapter, but I would like to see and make sure that it looks like it would work, before I order it. I may end up just getting a nema twist lock plug as well even with 30 feet of wire I think I should come in at 100$ or so. It would also allow me to use it on my generator, it has the twist lock.

That was my thought process ill take pictures of mine with the stupid metal hazmat approved plugs so you can laugh at mine. I think in the addapters and plug ends I have more in plugs than I do in the welder. I really liked my first idea with the twist lock much more.
    Never Satisfied

Millermatic 211
    Maxstar 150STL
    Metabos
    Kennedy Maintenance Pro Full
    Makita Cordless 18v Li-Ion
    Stihl TS 420

Timfrank88@live.com

Default yes please take a picture.

I guess what I realy need to know for sure is that my welder will detect incoming voltage. And I don't have to re wire it internally. Thanks for the help.