Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default old time Miller 220 buzz box resto!

I am a 12 year member of United Association pipefitters Local 104 in Massachusetts. I weld pipe every day. Recently a friend passed and while helping his son clean house, we came across a miller 220 buzz box. this thing is close to being in A no.1 shape. His son told me his dad only used it a few times to thaw out frozen pipes in the house during extreme winters. He told me he remembers it way back to the 1970's and that it probably had less than 10 hours of working time on it, and that it hasn't been used for years and years. So for helping him that day he told me to take the machine and use it, which I plan on doing to make a project for him in return. Now the only thing wrong with this thing is some very slight surface rust on the cooling vents and a cracked lead connector at the box. Printed on the faceplate is ( Style HG-18 (maybe a model #) I am wondering if any one knows where I can get these original lead connectors. Both male and female. the cracked one on the machine looks like a red plastic donut ring. shrimpy in size. I am also intrested in locating an owners manual as well. Any ones help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Cool

How about a pic for us...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Need picture for sure. Is it AC only ? My old AC Miller stick had about 1/4 '' pin male plastic connector on each end with stinger and ground clamp. Cables were about 12' long. I know Tweco did make the male pin end connectors for some of the earlier Millers. Does yours have white face panel and crank on top ? May have to be used machine off craigs list or ebay for the originals. I'm recently retire fitter/welder 597 Chicago 41 years

Mouse over the resources tab up top & drop down box will appear. Click on owners manuals & fill in your serial number to get the owners manual. Once you have that & get the part numbers you need, go to Miller4less.com.
    MM250
    Trailblazer 250g
    22a feeder
    Lincoln ac/dc 225
    Victor O/A
    MM200 black face
    Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
    Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
    Arco roto-phase model M
    Vectrax 7x12 band saw
    Miller spectrum 875
    30a spoolgun w/wc-24