Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Aerowave Over voltage shutdown

Hi Guys, I'm having problems with my Aerowave. It shuts down randomly with the over voltage shutdown. Only on AC. It seems to happen more often if the frequency is set much higher than 60. I took the machine to the service center. They did a test and found nothing wrong. Said it could be my input power. I checked all the connections, had an electrician come out and check voltage etc. Nothing out of the ordinary. I read the trouble shooting section of the manual. It says move cables away from the machine. Any ideas? Thanks for your help.

Sounds more like a corroded or loose connector on the back of the output studs, best to remove the panels, remove and dielectric grease all the molex board connectors.

Pull and reseat the ribbon cables(no dielectric grease for the ribbons cables)

Tighten up all other connectors.

Problem should vanish.

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Quote Originally Posted by weld86 View Post
    Thanks, I'll give that a try.
    Did this resolve your issue?

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 82

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.