Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Good luck ! Check some of the table work bench threads for more ideas to help make it more efficient. Receiver tube is a must on table along with a place to hang grinders, clamps, hammers, squares, etc. It will be nice with a dedicated work room. look for a four wheel cart for material moving or storage. WHEELS is the answer on concrete.Have fun and keep us posted !

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Rezeppa View Post
    Looks great man the only thong thay giys me is you.meed braces on the bottom.of the fixed table or over time due to heat and weight it will warp. I really like it though I wish I had a vise and bench grinder on a floating table.
    Did some work on my fixed table this weekend. When I took the last picture it wasn't finished. Hopefully I'll finish it this coming week.

Nice, that frame work for shelf will work out well. What distance above floor are you going to set it ? I would set it for whatever you want to store underneath. Never have enough storage.

Quote Originally Posted by BD1 View Post
    Nice, that frame work for shelf will work out well. What distance above floor are you going to set it ? I would set it for whatever you want to store underneath. Never have enough storage.
    Thanks, the legs are 33" so I'm thinking to weld the self about 16" from the floor

That looks **** near identical to mine I did the same thing. mine is 3/4 plate and abut 8 inches off the bottom is 1/2 plate I store everything from pipe wrenches to porta powers on it. It is about 13 years old and just a tough as the day we made it. It"ll last forever.
    Never Satisfied

Millermatic 211
    Maxstar 150STL
    Metabos
    Kennedy Maintenance Pro Full
    Makita Cordless 18v Li-Ion
    Stihl TS 420

Timfrank88@live.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rezeppa View Post
    That looks **** near identical to mine I did the same thing. mine is 3/4 plate and abut 8 inches off the bottom is 1/2 plate I store everything from pipe wrenches to porta powers on it. It is about 13 years old and just a tough as the day we made it. It"ll last forever.
    Yeap specially when everything is from scrap, Fortunately I found everything in the basement, the angles, the bars, even the table, I was very lucky...

Are you going to put something under the 1/4 inch plate on the top?

do not use wood for any thing in a welding shop, some guys have for years and have got away with it, all it takes is a little spark that sinks in between two pieces of wood fitted together to catch fire, usually that type of fire starts up well after you have closed up shop, just my opinion, always be careful with fire

Quote Originally Posted by kevhead63 View Post
    Are you going to put something under the 1/4 inch plate on the top?
    Yeap I'm thinking to use 4" plate 1/4" thick and "fillet weld" it under.

Getting there..............