Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Threaded View

Default Miller welding sleeves

I was vertical mig welding yesterday on a trailer in my shop wearing a t-shirt, short leather gloves, and a pair of Miller Welding Sleeves - (INDURA® Cotton & Pigskin Leather), and a ball of molten slag landed on the cuff area that appears to be polyester. The result was a painful arm trashing and yelling. As you can see in the photos, the blob danced around a minute inside the cuff before I could remove it. I know I should have used longer welding gloves, but it was hot at the time. I wish they could have made the welding sleeves all leather with elastic in the end. I must re-evaluate my use of these sleeves...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Millermatic 251
    Millermatic Reach
    Spoolmatic 30A
    Miller BlueStar 185DX
    Hypertherm Powermax 45
    Wellsaw Bandsaw

Evolution Metal Chopsaw

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 62

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 137