Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Miller XMT 300 CC/CV

Hi, I am new to the forum.
    I recently purchaced an XMT 300 CC/CV Serial #KA846701. It is a 208 3 phase machine. I was told the machine should run 230 volt single phase. I have tried the machine both ways and it does not have any power output at the leeds. The meters and fan come on. When I adjust the amperage or voltage knobs there is no change on the meters. I do not have voltage at RC4-1 which is the weld enable signal to PC-1 circuit control card. the wire to RC4-1 goes to the current transformer. The current transformer (CT1) reads 005.0 ohm. When I switch the machine between remote and on (S-3) the machine also makes a buzzing sound (IGBT?). I have checked all of the diodes and also TP1 and every thing checks out OK. I was wondering if the current transformer CT1 could be the culprit?
    any help woud be great!

I may be wrong here but wouldnt you still need some kind of remote for output? I mean even if you put it on panel you still need a foot pedal or a trigger or some kind of remote for out put right? Do you not have a wire feeder and a lead or some dinse connector tig torches for it to try to weld or not? Im not to sure on the 300 but i do know for a fact that the 304xmt has an auto link on it for either three phase or single phase.

Yep your screwed here that machine was designed ONLY for 208 3phase for for some company called "Rock Island"
    Last edited by cruizer; 04-16-2012 at 10:47 AM.