Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

thanks alot, I tried to get some work done on it tonight but got interupted by company and just ended up bs ing for too long, i did however get started on the plenum, ive made alot of mistakes but also learned alot too. I know i can definately do better if i do another one again, here is a pic of runners welded to side plate of plenum,
    Attached Images Attached Images

Got a little more done today, still needs alot of clean up but i guess im getting there,

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by spence648; 04-19-2012 at 09:55 PM.

Really, really nice!!!! guess the only thing I could suggest is that maybe you would want to invest a little time in making a set of soft jaws for your vise....
    you have invested so much time in making that pretty... makes me sad to see the mash marks on the tubes.... ....once you have made up a set or two... you will wonder how you got by without them... copper, micarta, delrin, hardwood, or aluminum... the possibles are nearly endless...

Do have a feeling that you will eventually invest in a hydraulic press.... useful devils, they are....

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

yeah i hear ya on vice marks, im kinda kickin myself for that too, was just stupid, i think i can get them out with some sand paper though, allthough there was no reason for the extra work, sad thing is i have a press!!! I finally gave up on the helium and just went ahead and finished tigging in the runners last night, they didnt turn out the greatest but im satisfied, now just got to put a front on it and then write a program to cut out the top, Trying to decide if i should have the top removable or just weld it on, and also if i should just make carb opening a square oppening or contour to the venturi's around the outsides, thinking i might get a better booster signal if i do that? any thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by spence648 View Post
    yeah i hear ya on vice marks, im kinda kickin myself for that too, was just stupid, i think i can get them out with some sand paper though, allthough there was no reason for the extra work, sad thing is i have a press!!! I finally gave up on the helium and just went ahead and finished tigging in the runners last night, they didnt turn out the greatest but im satisfied, now just got to put a front on it and then write a program to cut out the top, Trying to decide if i should have the top removable or just weld it on, and also if i should just make carb opening a square oppening or contour to the venturi's around the outsides, thinking i might get a better booster signal if i do that? any thoughts
    you see an awful lot of them with removeable tops... must be a good reason for it....... would give you more options with minimal heartbreak and lead time if you decided to mod your setup....

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

Decided to go with a removable top, All welding should be finally done now, now back to the mill for final clean up machining, drilling and taping, and then a whole lot of clean up grinding. I layed some more weld in plenum around runners for final grinding. The half inch rails for the top actually welded in ok with no helium, next time i post pics hopefully will be all done.

Thumbs up Intake Manifold

Spence,
    I think you have done a great job !! Keep up the good work.
    Steve

Spence,
    That is an amazing intake. Your Work is beautiful.
    Nick

If you showed it to me with out seeing this thread I would say it was not your first one. Nice work.

Thanks alot guys, I havnt got it done yet been busy doing other things but have got the top done, all that is left is finish clean up grinding now, That i know is going to take some time, Heres a couple more pics and a preview of what will look like on the motor, I actually really enjoy building this and cant wait till i get a chance to make another one. I will definately see how this works and what i can do to make it better, Find myself on pro e alot designing this stuff just for fun.