Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Econotig 150 ?

Default Econotig 150 ?

Does anyone on the forum have or did ever use an Econotig 150. I have one that is about 15 yrs old, I never use it because it seems to be stuck on the highest
    setting when it is on AC high for alum. I have a brand new fingertip control and when you turn it it goes to max amprg. The tech says that is the board inside
    of the machine. Is it possible for me to change it myself or do you have to send it
    out. I hate to send it out because the shops are so busy it takes a while to get it back,
    Thank You

The connectors on miller boards are super simple to use. Locate the board you have to change, label all connections as you disconect each , replace board and re-attatch all connections per your little labels. Done !, no issues. Just be sure it is a board because once you install it, it is yours to keep. I have an Econo and fortunately it has never failed and required a board or repair.
    Bob

Here is a link to the manual...

http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o303v_mil.pdf

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..