Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Unhappy not enough power in my 125V arc welder

hey guys im just wondering if there is anyway possible if i can give more power to my 125 arc welder through a standard plug in, ive been using 1/16 rods but id like to go higher, in order to do so i need to turn the heat up, but once i turn the heat up i can get a nice arc but only for a few seconds until my breaker goes. i got a 120/240-VAC circuit panel, please any advise would be great!!!!! PS there is no way that i can put a new panel in, because i already have 2

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch615 View Post
    hey guys im just wondering if there is anyway possible if i can give more power to my 125 arc welder through a standard plug in, ive been using 1/16 rods but id like to go higher, in order to do so i need to turn the heat up, but once i turn the heat up i can get a nice arc but only for a few seconds until my breaker goes. i got a 120/240-VAC circuit panel, please any advise would be great!!!!! PS there is no way that i can put a new panel in, because i already have 2
    I think you need to face the inevitable and move up to a 230vac machine...

sounds like you have reached the upper limits of what you can do with a small machine... time to move up.... lots of used buzzboxes on CL Search Tempest for reasonable prices....

http://www.searchtempest.com/

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

If you still have room on the welding machine to turn up the "heat" then

install a 120v 30amp Circuit-

10g wire & a 30amp Breaker

You didn't mention the size of the breaker you have
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

H8ON, thanks for the search tempest site, i am always looking for an old pan head on CL, this makes the process much quicker. nice job