Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Need Millermatic 211 help

I think I'm having problems with the smooth start feature on my welder. It works on the 110v but not on the 230v. If anyone has a 211 I would appreciate some help. If you could try this using both plugs. Turn the welder on, pull the trigger and see if the feed motor starts slow then speeds up. That's the way it's suppose to work. Try a couple of times. Mine works on the first trigger pull then no more unless I turn the welder off then back on. Then works just one time. Miller says this is the way it suppose to work. Doesn't make sense.
    Thanks
    Mike

Are you actually initiating an arc or just staring at the wire and pulling the trigger?

If it operates as per Millers test procedure, then it most likely works fine.

Burn some wire.

Default Need Millermatic 211 help

It doesn't matter if it welding or not. It should start slow then speed up. That's what it does on the 110v. It's the 230v that it doesn't work. When I contacted Miller they hadn't heard of the problem. Then they sent me a new PCI board, which I though was great of them to do. It didn't fix it. Then I talked to Miller and they said they have one in their shop that does the same thing and it suppose to work like that. It wouldn't make sense that it's a selling feature and it only works on the 110v. And to make it stranger, it works on the first trigger pull on the 230v and the next pull it won't. I've been welding with it for a few months and I kinda remember it working, but can't remember for sure if it was on both plugs. I'm looking for someone with a 211 to check and see if it works on both plugs, after a few trigger pulls.