Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Problems with millermatic 211

I've used my Millermatic 211 just a few times. First time was welding 1/4" steel seemed to work fine. I'm currently trying to replace the floors in my CJ7. Everything seems fine till I pull the triger. wire comes out of the gun like it in jog mode. Doesn't matter where the machine is set wire is racing out of the gun. I dont remember anything weird when welding heavier steel, other than a lot of spatter. Any ideas whats going on?

Default Problems with millermatic 211

I have a 211 as well and having problems with the "smooth start" feature. It's suppose start the feed motor at a slower speed then speed up to set speed. This is suppose to make a spatter free start. The best way to check this is to turn the welder on, set the feed to 100 and release the wire tension clamp. Pull the trigger and you should notice the motor starting slow then speeding up after about 1/2 second. If it does this it's working correctly. Now mine works fine with the 110 v plug, but not with the 230v plug. With mine the 230 v plug only works on the first trigger pull and then doesn't work after that unless I turn the welder off an then back on. My welder is only 2 months old.

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 82

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.