Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Don52 View Post
    Fortunately Jim does have a spare prop. I didn't realize that it would be difficult to find one for such an old boat. I will remind him that he might want to keep it on the boat for emergencies.

I will review the technical information of your post with Jim.

Thanks for taking the time to post. I really enjoy everything that I have learned from this forum.

Don
    Has he tryed it yet on the boat at full throttle, to check for vibrations/balance? If not, encourage him to try it. That way if it is off a little he can get it to a prop shop to get it balanced so it is ready for use.Some people just want to say"it'll be all right", but when it's needed, then they find out it is trying to shake the motor apart. Have him put it on and run it in the water, not just on the trailer, makes a big difference.

I sent him a link to this thread and asked him to pay particular attention to post #7 & 11. Thanks again for everyone that took the time to post.

Miller Thunderbolt
    Smith Oxyacetylene Torch
    Miller Dynasty 200DX
    Lincoln SP-250 MIG Welder
    Clausing/Coldchester 15" Lathe
    16" DuAll Saw
    15" Drill Press
    7" x 9" Swivel Head Horizontal Band Saw
    20 Ton Arbor Press
    Bridgeport

Default Re: Propeller Repair

You have done really a great job. I have gone through these images. Nice man. How long did it take to repair the propeller?

Quote Originally Posted by felipe View Post
    You have done really a great job. I have gone through these images. Nice man. How long did it take to repair the propeller?
    I did it in an evening.

Miller Thunderbolt
    Smith Oxyacetylene Torch
    Miller Dynasty 200DX
    Lincoln SP-250 MIG Welder
    Clausing/Coldchester 15" Lathe
    16" DuAll Saw
    15" Drill Press
    7" x 9" Swivel Head Horizontal Band Saw
    20 Ton Arbor Press
    Bridgeport