Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default Truck or dolly for stomp shear

I have a stomp shear in an outbuilding that is too small to shear a 4x8 or 4x10 sheet either way, building is long and narrow. So I built a truck to turn the shear 90° and back again depending on which edge of a sheet I need to shear.

Built a frame to set inside the shear frame.

Hinges for the wheels.

Last edited by pro70z28; 03-22-2012 at 12:46 PM.

Added a table frame to catch the material as it come off the shear.

Added an extended gauge (still more to do on that) to handle longer cut off than the 26'' factory gauge. Couple shocks so it drops slow when the lock is released.

Gave it a hammered paint finish to match the shear.

Cobbled a pair of brackets together for the floor jacks so I could get the shear off the ground far enough to slide the truck under the shear & not be in the way.

Moment of truth to see if there are any clearance issues with moving parts.

It all fits & rolls surprisingly easy once the 2 swivel wheels align.

Still have to finish up the fence for the gauge & make an aluminum top for the table.

What a nice, well thought out, professional looking piece of work!!!

but then again... your stuff always looks pro... we should expect no less of you...

always a pleasure to see what you are working on....

keep up the nice work!!!....

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

That is really a nice piece of work!!! They say necessity is the mother of invention and you've done it with style!

I can't wait to see the pro z28 finished!
    Blondie (Owner C & S Automotive)

Colt the original point & click interface!

Millermatic 35 with spot panel
    Miller 340A/BP
    Victor O/A torches
    Lincoln SP125
    Too many other tools to list

03 Ram 1500
    78 GS1000
    82 GL1100 Interstate

I have a similar type made by Niagra. Very versitile machine. It has a 52 inch wide blade but with the set back throat, it can really cut any size. It can cut up to 16 gauge steel and I cut 1/8 aluminum with it, I just used it yesterday to cut vct floor tile that I installed in the office and waiting areas.
    I think I will convert it to pneumatic power soon, gets old stomping on it.
    2, XMT's 350 cc/cv
    1, BOBCAT 250
    1, TRAILBLAZER 302
    1, MILLER DVI
    1, PASSPORT PLUS
    1, DYNASTY 200 DX
    1, MAXSTAR 150 STL
    1, HOBART CHAMP
    1, HF-251 BOX
    1, S-74d
    1, S-75DXA
    2, 12-RC SUITCASES