Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Water Hose Hangers

I have been needing some place to hang my water hoses near my water spigots in the yard. For years I have kept them just coiled up next to them, but that gets in the way when mowing. I had some 8" pipe that I needed to find a use for, so I used some of it to make these. First I cut off a 5" piece of the 8", then cut that in half lengthwise. I used 1/2" rebar for the upright, and some 3/16" for the other parts. I cut the smaller rebar to 16 3/4" and welded it across the bottom of the 8" piece extending 4" either side. I used 4 other pieces cut to 4" and welded them on at the 9, 12, and 3 o'clock positions. Then I welded the 1/2" to the underside of the 8" and to the 3/16" cross piece. Then added a 4" piece 3' down from the bottom of the 8", and extending down 12" to keep it from rotating in the ground. The last one I made I had to use 2 pieces of 3/8" rebar for the uprights as I had run out of 1/2". I made five of them, one for each water faucet in the yard. The two pictured have 125' of hose on them, a 50' & a 75' hose. The rest have 110' hoses.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Water Hose Hangers

Nicely done

Simple but with good purpose. It looks great. Good job.

Quote Originally Posted by surfside View Post
    Simple but with good purpose. It looks great. Good job.
    Thanks, I think they will be around for many years. I just need to make sure I keep'em painted good to prevent rusting. As it is, they have 3 coats of Rustoleum Aluminum paint on them, so should be good for a few years before needing to be repainted.