Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

I agree.....I have become accustomed to having enuff amps.
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller Spoolmate 200
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

Quote Originally Posted by Miller Apfall View Post
    The Dynasty/Maxstar 280 IS still in the new product pipeline. Unfortunately the product has undergone some delays in the development process. All of our machines go through rigorous weld and accelerated life testing to ensure a quality product once it reaches the marketplace. Throughout this process, several modifications were made to the design in order to comply with changing governmental standards as well as meet our stringent quality standards.

Once again, the machine is back in our accelerated life testing to prove out the design. I can't stress enough that Miller does not want to release an inferior product - hence the delay. We would rather do the reliability and quality testing prior to release rather than have the end users be test subjects!

Until the reliability testing is completed, Miller is not releasing any projected dates. Rather, we are recommending that those interested in new machines should consider a Dynasty/Maxstar 200/350.
    Choosing to place a product into an official catalog like the 280 was done in the 2012 Miller Catalog isn't a small decision made lightly. All the testing would have had to be done and all the checks placed in the right boxes before that choice to place it in the catalog was made. Something else happened why not just tell the truth? Why cover up something?

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner12R View Post
    Choosing to place a product into an official catalog like the 280 was done in the 2012 Miller Catalog isn't a small decision made lightly. All the testing would have had to be done and all the checks placed in the right boxes before that choice to place it in the catalog was made. Something else happened why not just tell the truth? Why cover up something?
    Maybe the foreign components are failing?
    Nothing welded, Nothing gained

Miller Dynasty700DX
    3 ea. Miller Dynasty350DX
    Miller Dynasty200DX
    ThermalArc 400 GTSW
    MillerMatic350P
    MillerMatic200 with spoolgun
    MKCobraMig260
    Lincoln SP-170T
    Linde UCC305 (sold 2011)
    Hypertherm 1250
    Hypertherm 800
    PlasmaCam CNC cutter
    Fadal Toolroom CNC Mill
    SiberHegner CNC Mill
    2 ea. Bridgeport
    LeBlond 15" Lathe
    Haberle 18" Cold Saw
    Doringer 14" Cold Saw
    6 foot x 12 foot Mojave granite

Quote Originally Posted by shovelon View Post
    Maybe the foreign components are failing?
    I agree that's a HUGE possibility.. The 350 is a marvel of technology and won't be bested for a long time to come yet unless it's made pint sized and then I wouldn't have one for several years until I was sure it was going to last.

Any new updates on when/if Miller will introduce the Dynasty 280 or something similar?

Our team is completing further testing which has caused a delay in the product release. We are committed to producing a quality product with outstanding performance first and foremost and therefore can't make any time commitments surrounding the product release. We would encourage those of you looking for a product right now to look into purchasing the Dynasty 200 or 350 products. We will keep you posted on any further updates.