Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by shovelon View Post
    I got to test drive the 280. There are 2 versions of the 280, the 280 basic, and the 280DX.

The DX model has all the parameter functions available for adjusting on the fly, like the 350 has. I believe it has the SD interface also.

The basic has a user panel just like the Diversion. You set the metal, then thickness, and the machine does all the rest for you. The SD card will open up a whole new universe for welding IMO.

The extra 80 amps over the 200 makes a huge difference, not as big as the 350, but amazing all the same.
    How will an SD slot make a difference? I understand it may possibly open up the ability of future updates to the software if Miller sees fit to do so, but what else do you think it will allow? I'm not arguing at all just curious.. My biggest complaint about the 350 is size but it's A LOT of welding machine and although I would really love it if it were smaller like the 280. I wouldn't be willing to give up an once of reliability if making it smaller meant making the machine less durable.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner12R View Post
    How will an SD slot make a difference? I understand it may possibly open up the ability of future updates to the software if Miller sees fit to do so, but what else do you think it will allow? I'm not arguing at all just curious.. My biggest complaint about the 350 is size but it's A LOT of welding machine and although I would really love it if it were smaller like the 280. I wouldn't be willing to give up an once of reliability if making it smaller meant making the machine less durable.
    All I was able to do was test drive it. The sd card will be useful for accessing finely tuned programs or just diagosis. For me anyway. I think the technonerd wll have a field day.
    If and when they release them I may get one and mess with it. I am keeping my 200dx busy and could put it to work right away. I don't know what the delay is but I hope it is coming soon.
    Nothing welded, Nothing gained

Miller Dynasty700DX
    3 ea. Miller Dynasty350DX
    Miller Dynasty200DX
    ThermalArc 400 GTSW
    MillerMatic350P
    MillerMatic200 with spoolgun
    MKCobraMig260
    Lincoln SP-170T
    Linde UCC305 (sold 2011)
    Hypertherm 1250
    Hypertherm 800
    PlasmaCam CNC cutter
    Fadal Toolroom CNC Mill
    SiberHegner CNC Mill
    2 ea. Bridgeport
    LeBlond 15" Lathe
    Haberle 18" Cold Saw
    Doringer 14" Cold Saw
    6 foot x 12 foot Mojave granite

Shovelon I notice you have a 350P. That's on my short list as my next purchase from the welding store. I'm hoping with the powered gun it will be an aluminum welding monster is it? Is there any other that you feel is a better choice? From all I've read and seen the 350P looks like the best bang for the buck..

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner12R View Post
    Shovelon I notice you have a 350P. That's on my short list as my next purchase from the welding store. I'm hoping with the powered gun it will be an aluminum welding monster is it? Is there any other that you feel is a better choice? From all I've read and seen the 350P looks like the best bang for the buck..
    It is a monster for me. I use it only for alum, and thick alum at that. I don't take advantage of the pulse because it compromises the strenght of the joint.

Here is a sample of a structure I use it on, and those tacks are brilliant. The alumipro gun is state of the art. The alum is 1" thick, and the filler is .045" 5356.

Miller Dynasty700DX
    Miller Dynasty200DX
    ThermalArc 400 GTSW
    MillerMatic350P
    MKCobraMig260
    Lincoln SP-170T
    Linde UCC305 (sold 2011)
    Hypertherm 1250
    Hypertherm 800
    PlasmaCam CNC cutter
    Fadal Toolroom CNC Mill
    SiberHegner CNC Mill
    2 ea. Bridgeport
    LeBlond 15" Lathe
    Haberle 18" Cold Saw
    Doringer 14" Cold Saw

I was at a trade show in Calgary, Alberta yesterday, and the one of the sales guys at the Miller exhibit said that he had received an email memo earlier this week, stating the Dynasty 280 release has been pushed back to September. My brother is interested in buying one, and I am looking forward to playing with it. I don't know who is more impatient...

Obviously I am not the horses mouth, so take this for what its worth.

Cheers,

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by BCRD View Post
    I was at a trade show in Calgary, Alberta yesterday, and the one of the sales guys at the Miller exhibit said that he had received an email memo earlier this week, stating the Dynasty 280 release has been pushed back to September. My brother is interested in buying one, and I am looking forward to playing with it. I don't know who is more impatient...

Obviously I am not the horses mouth, so take this for what its worth.

Cheers,

Jason
    A little birdie told me the same thing. I couldn't wait so I picked up something else.

Miller Dynasty700DX
    Miller Dynasty200DX
    ThermalArc 400 GTSW
    MillerMatic350P
    MKCobraMig260
    Lincoln SP-170T
    Linde UCC305 (sold 2011)
    Hypertherm 1250
    Hypertherm 800
    PlasmaCam CNC cutter
    Fadal Toolroom CNC Mill
    SiberHegner CNC Mill
    2 ea. Bridgeport
    LeBlond 15" Lathe
    Haberle 18" Cold Saw
    Doringer 14" Cold Saw

Any News..??

rumors..... ??

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus Mills, Lathes & a Rat Tail File..

Quote Originally Posted by H80N View Post
    Any News..??

rumors..... ??
    Nothing here.

Miller Dynasty700DX
    Miller Dynasty200DX
    ThermalArc 400 GTSW
    MillerMatic350P
    MKCobraMig260
    Lincoln SP-170T
    Linde UCC305 (sold 2011)
    Hypertherm 1250
    Hypertherm 800
    PlasmaCam CNC cutter
    Fadal Toolroom CNC Mill
    SiberHegner CNC Mill
    2 ea. Bridgeport
    LeBlond 15" Lathe
    Haberle 18" Cold Saw
    Doringer 14" Cold Saw

Thumbs up Dynasty 280 DX

Quote Originally Posted by H80N View Post
    Any News..??

rumors..... ??
    John Luck from Miller called me today. He's the guy in charge (Project Manager) for the 280. Told me the Dynasty 280 will be available in September. Final Beta testing is in progress. Price point will be around 6500 +-.
    John appologized to everyone waiting for this unit. But said they wanted to be sure of it before it hits the shelves. Darn nice of him to call actually.
    Mustangs Forever!

Miller equipment.

"Price point will be around 6500 +-."

at that level they (Miller) will have them around the warehouse for a long time.