Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tailgate extension

Anybody know how those tailgate "gates" mount onto a truck? I race motocross and my tailgate doesn't close with my bike in the back of my truck so I was gonna make one. The only problem is I don't know how to mount it.

"how to mount a bed extender?"

Bam!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFMLaR6wxLc
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

You don't NEED to close the tailgate to haul your bike. Just strap it down good with ratchet straps and go. I'm not sure what other kind of gate your talking about. If it were mine, I would just close the tailgate on my truck after strapping it down. But then I have an 8' bed on my truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Bistineau View Post
    You don't NEED to close the tailgate to haul your bike. Just strap it down good with ratchet straps and go. I'm not sure what other kind of gate your talking about. If it were mine, I would just close the tailgate on my truck after strapping it down. But then I have an 8' bed on my truck.
    I know I dont need to close it, but I mean for my gear, gas, etc. I have a single cab truck so everything goes in the back when i take someone with me. Ive had a full 5 gal. gas can fall out of the back on the highway before.

Thanks for the link

They make things to keep your gear in place. It's called rope.

Quote Originally Posted by FUZZYTX View Post
    They make things to keep your gear in place. It's called rope.
    Here's a good idea.

do you have a receiver hitch ?? What about a bike carrier for the receiver hitch ???

Default Tailgate extension

Hard to put 2 bikes on a carrier, at least ones with motors. What about a bed extender that has a bar to hook into your tow receiver?

Quote Originally Posted by go2building View Post
    Hard to put 2 bikes on a carrier, at least ones with motors. What about a bed extender that has a bar to hook into your tow receiver?
    HE SAID "BIKE" I think that means, one, singular, uno, less than two ! Here's some pics.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...M=IGRE#x0y2900