Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Threaded View

Default My first aluminum project a gold dredge.

I've watched a lot of videos (welding tips and tricks) and read a few forums, as well as working around some aluminum welders for a couple weeks last year on a similar project that I managed, but as far as welding aluminum myself I have about 10 min on a mig gun my boss let me try last year after he dialed it all in. I figure it's time for me to learn, and what better way than just jumping right in. I've always been good with my hands in fabricating, but I didn't know quite what I was getting into until now. My largest learning experience so far without any schooling is finding out the hard way that flash burns are not just for your eyes, but it's burns your skin too. I welded all day without gloves in a short sleeve shirt and man was that stupid. Two layers of skin are peeled now and it seems to be healing so I live and learn. Here are a few pictures of the progress over the last couple weeks. I'll post more as I have time.

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 62

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 137