Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Need Help: Airco 250 heliwelder v (wiring diagram and advice)

I have a airco 250 heliwelder v and have started to have problems with it. The welder will come on and run but when you try to strike an arc it acts like it is turned all the way down. It will not even get hot enough to melt the rod. Other than that it seems to work. I have replaced the current pot that slects the amps a while back and recently sent the control board off to a repair center and had it rebuilt. They replaced some resistors and other odds and ends but put it back in and still no change. I really need a wiring diagram. Im an industral control electrician and think it might help me walk threw the wiring to chec it out. There is a diagram on the side cover but is not readable no longer. Any help would be nice. I really would like a wire diagram if some one can direct me to one or some help on what to check out so i can fix this welder. I think it may be made by esab but know some airco were made by miller.

Could you post a couple of clear pics of the front of the machine?? ......visual clues might help us identify the maker and model....

and make it much easier to locate schematics and manuals.....
    Last edited by H80N; 02-18-2012 at 01:32 PM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

Default Link to a Picture of the airco 250 welder

Default Airco model number

the number on the back is Mh 501001 and it is a ac/dc 310 amp welder with hf

mwahl,

I have an "orange" Airco tig welder made in 80's.

Several years ago during a visit to my local welding distributor, I asked who manufactured the Airco models.

He told me that if they were orange, they were most likely made by Miller.
    If they were red, they were probably made by Esab.

Can't confirm this but I hope it helps a bit.

Good luck
    Thermal Arc GTSW400, Airco Heliwelder II, Miller Dynasty 350, Hypertherm 1000, oxy-fuel setup, metal cutting bandsaw, air compressor, drill press, etc.:

Call me the "Clouseau" of welding !