Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Stainless and hardwood coffee table

Hi guys,

made an indoor piece recently- stainless steel frame with a mixed top of jarrah (austrailan hardwood) and merbau (indonesian hardwood)

i am very happy with how it turned out, and i've enjoyed plenty of couch beers on it since its installation in the lounge room. hope you enjoy the pics

Very nice. How did you get the stainless corners to look like that?

thanks mate,

i blended the welds off then polished to 320 grit with the angle grinder, before hitting it a spindle mounted wheel made with non-woven abrasive. the ones i get are made by pferd but 3m does them as well.

polish one leg with the wheel, then mask off the corner with some very thin sheet metal and polish the other leg

Absolutely beautiful.
    Professional firefighter (retired). Amateur everything else I try to do...
    Oh yeah: GO BIG RED!

Thumbs up

nice design, very well executed. amazing work..!

Quote Originally Posted by Corgan View Post
    thanks mate,

i blended the welds off then polished to 320 grit with the angle grinder, before hitting it a spindle mounted wheel made with non-woven abrasive. the ones i get are made by pferd but 3m does them as well.

polish one leg with the wheel, then mask off the corner with some very thin sheet metal and polish the other leg

The finish work is really nice. Thanks for sharing your sanding technique. Great work!

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 62

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 137