Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Eastwood Welders

I was wondering if anybody has had any experience with the Eastwood Mig welders any info is appreciated
    Thanks, Ernie

Here are some product reviews on this machine.

http://www.eastwood.com/review/produ...stomer-reviews

Why waste money on cheap equipment?
    Buying a piece of equipment or tool should be a "lifetime purchase" If it woun't last me my lifetime, I have no interest in it. I would rather buy a 30 year old miller than a new piece of crap.

I always say " I'm too poor to buy cheap"

They look alright and the price is good

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by EM Fab View Post
    They look alright and the price is good
    Lots of things look alright at first Who has parts if something breaks down? How much are tips and nozzles compared to the better brands that are easier to find? You start ordering tips and throw in some shipping everytime that gets pricey. Just my thoughts from a guy who has had migs for 34 years...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

isnt this supposed to be Miller forum?
    so coming here getting advise from people who use the best welders in the countryfor other company product aint sound right to me.
    however, get yourself good welder if you want to do decent job or dont even bother, btw eastwood is not making anything beside putting their stickers on other companys products mostly made in china.
    DYNASTY 350 DX
    DYNASTY 200 DX
    MILLERMATIC 251
    1942 MONARCH CK-12 LATHE
    1969 BRIDGEPORT J-2 HEAD MILL
    SCOTCHMAN 350 COLD SAW
    DAKE 200 BENDER
    BEAUMONT METALWORKS KMG BELT GRINDER

Do they have the trigger activated arc? Or are they like the Harbor Freight migs with live wire and only trigger wire feed. Being pricing is about the same, I am suspicious.

The spoolgun on the big one does not have any softstart, and mention of burnback to the nozzle with alum was on one review. Only way he controled the arc was lots of stickout, gas, and hot spray. Otherwise I like the idea of spoolgun included.

You would be better served by the sister company to Miller. The Hobart Handler 190 with included spoolgun is made in USA on the same assembly line as Miller I hear, and has a 5 year warranty. Many service centers around the county can provide warranty service without having to send halfway across the country on your nickel.
    Northern Hydraulics offers these for $850 with free shipping. http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...2227_200482227

5 year warranty, Made in your own country for $850, free shipping and local service centers. No brainer for me.
    Last edited by shovelon; 02-19-2012 at 10:21 AM. Reason: vision
    Nothing welded, Nothing gained

Miller Dynasty700DX
    3 ea. Miller Dynasty350DX
    Miller Dynasty200DX
    ThermalArc 400 GTSW
    MillerMatic350P
    MillerMatic200 with spoolgun
    MKCobraMig260
    Lincoln SP-170T
    Linde UCC305 (sold 2011)
    Hypertherm 1250
    Hypertherm 800
    PlasmaCam CNC cutter
    Fadal Toolroom CNC Mill
    SiberHegner CNC Mill
    2 ea. Bridgeport
    LeBlond 15" Lathe
    Haberle 18" Cold Saw
    Doringer 14" Cold Saw
    6 foot x 12 foot Mojave granite

Some helpful info on the MIG175's on the weldingweb forums.

http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php?t=41965

Would probably refer to this thread by the same poster on a paralell course..

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...with-spool-gun

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

Quote Originally Posted by H80N View Post
    Would probably refer to this thread by the same poster on a paralell course..

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...with-spool-gun

I did see that thread, but the difference is that the thread I linked actually has some detailed tech info and users came back that used the machines to report their experience. The one above doesn't give much insight other than opinionated answers. Just thought it'd be helpful!

Cheers