Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default eighttrayjourneyman

Quote Originally Posted by eighttrayjourneyman View Post
    Hey Danno
    I can sympathize with your problems. I have an answer that works well for me I will give you all the parameters that work with my 211. Of course run on 240/220 volts using straight argon 030 wire 4043. wire speed all the way up to 90 or 100 depending on your taste. Use the setting of 3/8s metal that throws the little 211 into a spray mode of sorts hold nozzle about 1inch away from parent metal to keep from frying tips and it does fine on 3/16s aluminum for me. I hope this helps, I am a retired boilermaker of 40 years, I fought it for a little bit but this works well for me hope it will for you .
    Danno !! using the spool gun of course !!

Default Spoolgun

Use those settings on your spoolgun and go from there or just leave it there, but its been my experience not too many people weld alike, but that should get you close enough to continue on your own, I actually believe this little machine will handle at least out to 1/4 for sure maybe more.

I refused to leave my LWS one day till they coughed up there new nascar power of blue canvas banner! I beat them through attrition and won. Nicest miller banner ive ever seen. If interested ill post a pic after work!

I just got my Series 100 Spool Gun yesterday. Having previously read the tips in this thread, I still burned through a couple tips using the techniques advised here.

I'm using .030 4043 wire and 100% Argon.

Last night I had a welding instructor tell me to try turning the heat down to 1 and adjust the wire speed from there. I'll try that in a couple hours and post my results. The one thing I did forget yesterday was to check my wire tension.
    Trailblazer® 302 Air Pak™
    Miller Dynasty® 350
    Millermatic 350P Aluminum
    Millermatic® 252
    Syncrowave 351

SuitCase® X-TREME™ 12VS

Multimatic™ 200
    Millermatic® 211 Auto-Set™ w/MVP™
    XR-Aluma Pro Gun
    Diversion™ 180

Spectrum® 625 X-TREME™

Thermal Dynamics® Cutmaster® 52
    Victor Oxy/Acetylene Set

Drive roll tension was too tight for me. Dropping the temp down to 1 didn't help at all. Still around 4 to 5 on the temp and 85ish on the wire speed seems to work good for me. About a 1 inch stick-out and I'm good to go.
    Miller Dynasty® 350
    Millermatic® 252
    Syncrowave 351

SuitCase® X-TREME™ 12VS

Multimatic™ 200
    XR-Aluma Pro Gun
    Diversion™ 180

Spectrum® 625 X-TREME™

Victor Oxy/Acetylene Set

Quote Originally Posted by kvwall View Post
    Drive roll tension was too tight for me. Dropping the temp down to 1 didn't help at all. Still around 4 to 5 on the temp and 85ish on the wire speed seems to work good for me. About a 1 inch stick-out and I'm good to go.
    Thanks for the update!

Default eighttrayjourneyman

Quote Originally Posted by kvwall View Post
    What size is your parent metal ? For 3/16s in my case, that heat setting your using is way too cold. You must be down to a guage size to run that cold. If you use the settings I mentioned you have to experiment with distance to keep from frying tips, your still too close for that heat. At your heat range dont believe it will spray arc, hope you have a handle on it keep puddling Aluminum is best welded using a spray arc
    Last edited by eighttrayjourneyman; 10-02-2012 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eighttrayjourneyman View Post
    What size is your parent metal ?
    1/8th"
    Miller Dynasty® 350
    Millermatic® 252
    Syncrowave 351

SuitCase® X-TREME™ 12VS

Multimatic™ 200
    XR-Aluma Pro Gun
    Diversion™ 180

Spectrum® 625 X-TREME™

Victor Oxy/Acetylene Set

Default Miller 211 & series 100 Spool gun what a POS!

Any resolution to OP's problem/issue?

Quote Originally Posted by ericher69 View Post
    Any resolution to OP's problem/issue?
    Did you read post #35? Might be the same...?
    MillerMatic 211 Auto-set w/MVP
    Just For Home Projects.