Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

One of the reasons I even have a tig is I paid 1 or 200 for a 300 synch and it came with a set of drawings and a problem someone had mis diagnosed. I tipped my TV repair man a hundred bucks to figure out what the problem was and fix the board which I am sure was a replacement as it was. The finish on this machine was scuffed and a few dents from sitting around small shops all its life running dinky little parts on occasion. Who knows if someone underpowered it? The cord was light and I don't recall what voltage it was wired at when I got it.

The posts above always make me cringe, I wonder about my Maxstar, ha, I am sure they sold as many of these units that see very little hours in their lives as they sell where they work them like rented mules. If a guy buys one to wax it and last a good long time he could get burnt.

Same thing went thru my head when I give up 200 to get my tig, at the rate I needed it figure once I got it fixed it last a good long time too, its paid off, hd to replace a rotten gas hose and a couple collets. Fix a switch. I used it a bit first few years I had it, now it sits, a new one would have cost, as it is this one cost 20$ a year for last 15 yrs.

A small wire feed in my shop is a different matter. It would earn its cost multiples every year, not worth any effort not to buy a new one. I understand the talk of machines in general, the interest in neat stuff but the compact 175-200 class wire feeder is hands down the most impressive welding machine ever made, right up there is a AC/DC buzzer. The amount of work they have done compared to the cost, you could follow this down to interest, depreciation, initial cost, life cycle is astoundiwouldn't wouldnt buy a tig today for hobby or even small welding work unless I had a demanding specialty, I would hire a bud to do the rare couldn't couldnt get by some other way and call it a day, at the end of 10 yrs would have about 500$ in the whole deal vs a 4K machine sitting around. The otwouldn't wouldnt be without, would go in to a hyperventilating panic should one break.

Default Same problem HLP-11

Do you have an address and # to radwell my welder just went down in the middle of a job
    Thanks David 8505549260
    Quote Originally Posted by cruizer View Post
    Well, it costs a whopping $150- $200 to fix the board at Radwell. (just had one done there)

Seems pointless to buy a new one.

As for board updates. Miller uses various manufacturers, thus different #'s.

As well as, they like all the other manufactures are trying to cut down on the # of boards used. So 1 board may fit 10 machines, as apposed to 10 machines using 10 dfferent boards. Makes better financial sence.

Looks like this might be the place:

http://www.plccenter.com/en-US/Services/Repair