Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default bIG bLUE PIPEPRO 350 GUYS

So your welder won't run when it gets a little cold, if there is no smoke comming out of the stack when you crank it then your governor control module is not making internal connections (thanks in part to the no lead solder).

If you really need it running and can't get close to a repair center, remove the left side long door.
    In a white enclosure, about in the middle sits a potted circuit board/module.

Remove the module with a 1/4" nut driver. Unclip the harness connector. Stick the module on your dash in defrost. Heat it up, plug it back in, a little glow plug and your machine should fire up imediately.

Do what you have to do, phone into a repair shop, give them your serial#, and part #242295
    Last edited by cruizer; 02-10-2012 at 12:13 PM.

Thanks for the heads up! Mine seems to still be running so far. Broke it in with a week of -35C...
    Cheers,
    Chris

PipePro350 SS,Pro300 SS,X-tremeVS,Dynasty200DX,MM251, SA-200 Redface,SA-200 Shorthood,SAE-300

would it be easier to just run a hair dryer off an inverter and heat the part up on the unit instead of removing it? i always keep two inverters in my truck just incase i don't have my machine and i need to run a drill /grinder or lights.

Just gave an example, as I don't know many welders that carry hair dryers

Default Hair Dryer

Cruizer you would be amazied at some of the things welders carry...........

Railmen.

Quote Originally Posted by cruizer View Post
    Just gave an example, as I don't know many welders that carry hair dryers
    2007 Trailblazer 302G
    2004 Invision 354MP
    1999 60 series feeder
    2005 Maxstar 200DX
    2007 CST280
    1999 HF 251-1
    older Hobart hefty wire feeder
    Hyperthrem 600
    Maxstar 150S(such a cute welder)
    had and sold........
    2003 XMT 304CC/CV
    1947 Lincoln SA200G short hood
    1963 Lincoln SA200G
    1975 Lincoln SA200G(best machine ever had )
    1970's Lincoln SAE400G
    2 Maxstar's 200DX's
    1 Maxstar 200SD
    CST 280
    2 CST 250
    MM130

Railmen

I can tell you the Lincoln guys would have a field day if they saw a miller man out there with a hair dryer warming up there welder. lol
    Lincoln Vantage Kubota diesel 30 amp spool gun , Hobart 210 with spool gun, Thermal dynamic pak master 75, miller 304xmt all mobile all ready to go.

yea that would be funny to see. i don't carry a hair dryer either just the inverters.

yea it ia funny at some of the stuff people pack with them. when i do a job i try to look at everything that could go wrong and try to bring something to fix it. like when they tell me the steel is good and is 3/8 thick i still bring one or two diferent size rods just incase . been out there alot of times and have been told it's good thick iron and that all i would need was 5/32 and got out there and it's rusted up thin iron . i pack my inverters and some flood lights because way to many 30 minute jobs done lasted way into the night. the hair dryer is gonna be on my list now because of the cold weather instead of keeping my truck running i could just run a cord into the cab and put the dryer on low it might work out just fine it would also be good for drying off shirts and gloves when they get wet. maybe a good heat gun with a bracket made to hold it and turn it into a hot plate to warm food instead of waisting gas to run a little burner. used to have a little bracket to hold the torch in to warm food but thats when the company was payin for the gas and oxygen not me.

Default Pipepro

I am a welder not a hair dresser so no, no I won't be packing a hair dryer with me, not to mention when you pay the money we do for new equipment we want it to work 100%.
    I would get rode hard if the grey machine guys saw me whip out a blow dryer to heat up my welder, not to mention when it's -35 here and wind blowing a hair dryer wouldn't be able to get hot enough to help!

Thanks cruzier for taking my machine in to get me back on the road at such a short notice!

Hey guys, here is an idea to save face on the job site. Instead of a hair dryer, use a heat gun. Same principle but on a more "manly" scale.

Default hair dryer...

may be they are no hair dressers but i think some (if not many) of them carry these small purse mirror for make-up.

Very usefull in tight corners...even for a macho man .

I have 2 in my tool box, one is quite spattered...