Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bobcat 225 NT

Default Bobcat 225 NT

I have a chance to buy a Bobcat 225 NT with 475 hours for $800. The unit has been in a barn. It runs and welds nicely. I think it is a good deal. What do you guys think?
    Thanks,
    Nick

Considering how good my '97 has been with 3000 hrs on it now, I would buy it, as long as I had a need for it.

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

hi, did you check out the generator for power output ?? Sometimes from being idle and not exercised they will not produce , just a thought. If you get cable with it thats like a buck a foot, at least where I'm at. Generators are really handy and you don't get much for $800.00. You could always rent it out off craigs list too. Offer him less! You never have enough toys !

Sounds like a DEAL to me, if you have the dollar$ for it. This will make you mobile with where you can weld or generate. Does it have the Kohler or Onan engine? I would prefer the Kohler but would not cull it with an Onan at that price. It will be hard to find another in that price range with that few hours. With the 8000 watt power output you won't be in the dark when the electricity goes off either, unless you want to be.

Quote Originally Posted by FusionKing View Post
    Considering how good my '97 has been with 3000 hrs on it now, I would buy it, as long as I had a need for it.
    FK I have done a few mobile repairs with my generator and my Maxstar 150 STH. For the money don't you think it is worth the price even if I used it just for a backup home generator?
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by BD1 View Post
    hi, did you check out the generator for power output ?? Sometimes from being idle and not exercised they will not produce , just a thought. If you get cable with it thats like a buck a foot, at least where I'm at. Generators are really handy and you don't get much for $800.00. You could always rent it out off craigs list too. Offer him less! You never have enough toys !
    I checked the output and the generator is fine. It has cables and I agree generators are handy.
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Bistineau View Post
    Sounds like a DEAL to me, if you have the dollar$ for it. This will make you mobile with where you can weld or generate. Does it have the Kohler or Onan engine? I would prefer the Kohler but would not cull it with an Onan at that price. It will be hard to find another in that price range with that few hours. With the 8000 watt power output you won't be in the dark when the electricity goes off either, unless you want to be.
    It has the Onan engine. From what I have read the Kohler would be better, but for the price I am not going to complain. I think you are spot on, for the price and the hours it will be handy.
    Nick

Thumbs up Good Deal

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
    It has the Onan engine. From what I have read the Kohler would be better, but for the price I am not going to complain. I think you are spot on, for the price and the hours it will be handy.
    Nick
    Good deal Nick, I just bought a Ranger8 ( Kohler ) with 55 hrs. on it for $1600., plus a trailer & sold the trailer for $200., so I got the engine drive for $1400. !
    Today I'll be buying a LN-25, for $500. , should be fun this year !

Good luck with the new welder, Nick.

...........Norm

Sunrise Outside My Shop In Delhi, Ontario

- Arcair- K 4000 CAC.

- LN-25 Wire Feeder

- Lincoln Ranger 8- Engine Drive- CC\CV:

- Lincoln Power Mig 180C
    - Spoolgun.
    - DeWalt Chop Saw .
    - DeWalt Compressor - 13cfm, @ 100 psi.

www.normsmobilewelding.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
    Nick
    If you want it and have the money for it, you better jump on it before someone else beats you to it, unless it's ONLY being offered to you alone. But if the owner is looking to sell it you may not be the only one on the buyers list. Remember, in a situation like this,"The first one with the cash gets it", so don't take too long to decide or you may miss the opportunity.
    You would rather be like this.

Thumbs up

WELL??????????? did you get it ?? Just post where you are located and and I'm sure we would be there today to pick it up. If you have time just look on craigs list and see what junk gas drive welding machines people are selling for $1000.00. Then when you call and ask about generator operation they will say that I think so.