Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default HOMEMADE compass for drawing circles

I was trying a draw a large circle for another project and needed a compass. I couldn't believe how cheap the ones were are the local box-marts. They all look like something out of a crackerjack box. where's the metal ones I used when I was a kid? Long story short..... I built one...... and I'm VERY happy with it. I'm going to build more. I put it on you tube to help some other poor sucker out. Check it out and let me know what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5Z7Tox39GM

it looks good , handy to use and very ease to do.

you know what they say about the mother of all invention, lol way to go bro thats using your noggin, its practical and durable i love it. i'll have to make me one now

great idea ..thanks

I like it thanks for sharing.
    David
    Learn new things every day.
    You only have so many days.

Century Mig.
    Craftsman stick.
    Miller Diversion 165 Tig
    Hobart Plasma
    HF DC Tig
    1-O/A out fit

Thanks i'm making some at different sizes

I particularly like the ability to use whatever ya want to mark with. Pencil, sharpie, soap stone, whatever. Nice.
    Professional firefighter (retired). Amateur everything else I try to do...
    Oh yeah: GO BIG RED!

Cool

I like it. The only thing i would change would be a welded on clamp with a thumb screw where the vise grips are. Old 1/4" Drill bits sharpened to a sharp point make great scribers. Chuck them in a drill and polish to a point with a sanding disc...Bob
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Nolalu (near Thunder Bay) Ontario, Canada

Thanks for the idea. Will make a great little project
    Gordie -- "I believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

An excellent design and a big improvement on what can be purchased in the
    average shop.