Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Andy
    I fully understand budget issues..... all I was really looking for was a link to download the PDF's of the manual and datasheet... to provide as a resource to members..... it has to cost them much more in manpower to answer each inquiry individually than to just allow us to downloadas needed....
    I have been asking them for this for about 2 years now.... really odd...

would it be possible to somehow include those docs in the Miller owners man library?? they are used on the diversions after all?? one version anyway...

or just adding them to the list of their Weldcraft download library??

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

Quote Originally Posted by ASKANDY View Post
    My Confusion isn't with your post....It's with Weldcraft and the position of the Legacy series with in the market that I need to understand.

Sorry for the confusion regarding the confusion!

I'm off to the King of the Hammer's off road race in California next week but I'll definitely be spending more time here.

A-
    Yer gonna have some good weather out there!!
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

Question

Still have not heard from the Weldcraft people.... it came up AGAIN today.... Sure would be nice to have some links to the LS17 literature PDFs to share..... with others who might likely buy one if the info were available......

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

Sorry to bring this post back from the dead, but this was the most recent info I could find. I am interested in getting a LS17 torch for my Dynasty 200DX, but can't find it available anymore. I am assuming there is/was a version with the correct connectors for a Dynasty 200DX. Is it discontinued?

Is there something similar available, or do I need to get a strap on finger controller?

I recently purchased a new Miller Mulitmatic 200 and a Weldcraft Legacy LS1712R Tig Torch to use with it from Cyberweld.com. About a week later, this torch disappeared from their website. They were selling them at that time for $174 with free shipping. Now it looks as if they were unloading them...

Default I bought the last LS 17

About two months ago, I was attempting to buy a 17 series Weldcraft Legacy torch with hand control from the Internet. Several of the better known retailers had the torch displayed on their site but when I placed an order, the torch was not in inventory and no such torches would be available at a later date.

I finally began calling in search of the torch and was told by Baker, I believe, that the torches hadn't been removed from the website but that Weldcraft had directed that all remaining inventory of Legacy torches be returned to Weldcraft as they no longer supported the line and they had packed up 14 torches and returned them a couple of weeks prior.

I later found one torch available through Amazon from WeldFaboulus and managed to purchase it before Weldcraft recovered it.

I perhaps pushed a little harder than usual as I have had a knee replacement and sometimes have trouble with the foot control when welding for long periods.

Maybe this will help clear up what actually happened. I was told the same thing by several sale houses and have very little doubt that this is actually what happened.

I have seen a number of replacement switches for sale on eBay and due to Weldcraft's loyal support for their product, I now have a spare switch on hand which I obtained from someone who failed to follow Weldcraft's directive.

Default Apology to Baker

After the above post, I ran a google search on Weldcraft LS-1725R and lo and behold, Baker has one listed on sale for $139.00. (http://www.bakersgas.com/WCR-LS1712R.html)

Obviously, It was not Baker who told me their remaining inventory had been shipped back to WeldCraft. I have recently purchase a couple of hundred dollars in merchandise from them and was very satisfied with both prices and service.

I'm through calling names, but I stand by my statement that I was told that WeldCraft instructed one of the well known welding supply houses to return remaining inventory.

I had the same problem when I bought the Mulitmatic 200. I originally got the welder & tig torch from Baker's. The torch was also $139. They called me the next day and said that they had made a mistake on the torch and that it wasn't available. That's why I purchased it from Cyberweld. I was a little disappointed at first, but glad I found the torch. I actually found the torch a little difficult to use so I wound up getting a foot pedal anyway.

Hmmm, I've got the LS-17 with my Diversion 165. I bought an aftermarket foot pedal since it seemed easier to learn with.

Should I be buying a WP series torch, say a WP-17?, and store the LS-17 safely away until I'm smart enough to use the thumbwheel?
    Miller Diversion 165
    1966 Bridgeport Mill
    Leblond 15x 35 Regal Servoshift lathe
    Solberga SE 1425 Drill Press
    Bigass Bandsaw
    Hydraulic press
    small surface grinder
    Belt sander
    Tons of grinders and hand tools
    Knife edge Balancing rollers
    Heat and AC in the garage

Jags and racing Triumphs

I don't know but I'm finding it much easier with the foot pedal. I just can't get the hang of the wheel...