Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Weldcraft .. L S 17 Information..???

Since the "Dynasty 200DX Hand Control" thread was closed prematurely and we still have no input or appearence from the promised Weldcraft representative

I have moved the gist of that facet over here to a new thread... maybe we can get some resolution to this on this thread.....

Originally Posted by Miller Welders
    We've shared this thread with our associates at Weldcraft who are sorry to hear about your frustration. Please let us know any torch related questions you may have and we'll get a product expert from Weldcraft to answer them for you ASAP

Originally Posted by H80N
    I did send an inquiry to Weldcraft yesterday about LS-17 literature being available.... and got a rather strange response... rather myopic at best to exclude a popular torch line from internet exposure... kinda like GM excluding Buicks because they have "dedicated".. their site to Chevrolet... hope somebody from Weldcraft could explain this rather strange response by their customer service dept.... do they not want to sell them?? here is my their email... followed by my original inquiry..

Thank you for your inquiry with Weldcraft.

We do not have immediate plans to include our Legacy Series TIG Torches on www.weldcraft.com . We have committed www.weldcraft.com to our Weldcraft "WP" Series and Crafter Series TIG torches and accessories. Our Weldcraft products are well known in the welding industry around the world for performance, quality and are manufactured in Appleton WI. We hope you can understand our position to focus on our Weldcraft brand of TIG Torches and Accessories as our primary offering for TIG products.

We receive occasional inquiries for LS17 literature, and fulfill each inquiry upon request received with either the Owner's Manual you have referenced or the attached spec sheet. We apologize for any difficulties that this may cause in locating the LS series information.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Best Regards

Weldcraft Customer Service

Weldcraft an ITW Company
    2741 N. Roemer Road
    Appleton, WI 54911
    920.882.6800 Tel
    920.882.6840 Fax
    www.weldcraft.com

Monday - Friday 7:00am CST - 5:00pm

My (H80N) immediate previous post:

That LS-17 takes a little bit of getting used to but once you get used to it... it is very slick... especially in tight and awkward places...

the manual for it STILL does not appear to be online yet..... I have sent them numerous emails over the last couple of years....

but

here is the document number for it...

OM-235 816A/multi 2007-12

maybe they can email it to you... if you can wake anybody over there... they build great product but their people are not terribly responsive.....
    it is an ITW company... so the lack of enthusiasm is surprising...
    sent them another email about it today....

here is the contact link

http://www.weldcraft.com/contact-us/

ADDITIONALLY: I had been hoping that they would introduce an "LS-20" water cooled version of it.... they would sell a million of them.... but so far my inquiries on that whole line has met deaf ears....
    would not take a brain surgeon to flip the parts around at the factory.... but so far no interest..............

Reference link to original thread..

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...-control-issue

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

Yea,
    Not sure I understand this.

The Legacy style torches are a nice set up.
    I use one of the LS1712R torches with a 14 pin setup on my portable Dynasty 200.

I'll try to get some information regarding the marketing of these.

Andy

Andy
    great to see you around here!!!! know that you have greater responsibilities in other places.... BUT

Your Steady Knowledgable Hand is Sorely Missed Around Here!!!!!!!!

I apologize for your confusion... excerpted info is a bit out of context since the original thread was rather abruptly and I feel arbitrarily closed...

here is another excerpt of one of my posts on that thread/subject...

Let me clarify....The Weldcraft LS-17 is probably one of the most popular torch options for the Dynasty 200.. because of control integration and portability issues....... I have a personal hardcopy of the manual for this model torch as I have a LS-17 on my Dynasty 200DX.... however it is of little utility to other members when information on the forum needs to be passed on... such as on this thread.... would it be that tough to give us a link where a PDF of the manual and data sheet could be downloaded...???

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200

My Confusion isn't with your post....It's with Weldcraft and the position of the Legacy series with in the market that I need to understand.

Sorry for the confusion regarding the confusion!

I'm off to the King of the Hammer's off road race in California next week but I'll definitely be spending more time here.

A-
    Last edited by ASKANDY; 02-03-2012 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ASKANDY View Post
    My Confusion isn't with your post....It's with Weldcraft and the position of the Legacy series with in the market that I need to understand.

Sorry for the confusion regarding the confusion!
    We need to see more of you around here when you are able.... you understand the culture... presently some culture clash and spooky times going on around here...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200

Lucky Dog!!!! Have Fun!!!!!.............

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200

This is a link to the Weldcraft Catalog.
    Unfortunately it does not include the LS17R series.

The rest of the Legacy torches start on pg 22.

http://www.weldcraft.com/pdfs/Weldcr...ll-Catalog.pdf

A-

Quote Originally Posted by ASKANDY View Post
    This is a link to the Weldcraft Catalog.
    Unfortunately it does not include the LS17R series.

The rest of the Legacy torches start on pg 22.

http://www.weldcraft.com/pdfs/Weldcr...ll-Catalog.pdf

A-
    Yep.... twilight zone....

kinda like they are making a conscious effort NOT to market the LS-17 integrated control torch.....try to find any reference to it on their wbsite.... there are a couple of old press releases... that is it... any ideas???

they are behaving like it is "Classified" need to know info....

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200

Could it be a patent issue?

No patent issues.

If I were a guessing man, I'd think it was more of a resource or budget issue on promoting the core product line.
    I do not profess to know the intricacies of their company but the economy has hurt us all and we are all running on a tight ship. At Miller, all programs are looked at and as with any company, the more profitable products get top billing.

A-