Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by SundownIII View Post
    I kinda dropped back after the OP's incessant b1tching began, but his "closing rant" kinda set me off.

Some observations:

OP is really full of himself. Definitely a superiority complex in play here. Seems to feel that all others are inferior intellectually to him.

Of course, he fails to realize that only a dumbazz would expect to get satisfactory results with a finger control using what I suspect were mig gloves.

I really wonder if he understands the use of the sequencer on the Dynasty. Of course, he'll probably complain that that feature wasn't "fully explained" to him either.

I'm sure the OP won't have any trouble mastering tig welding, since HE ALREADY KNOWS IT ALL.
    Amen...!!!!!!!!........................

The OP was having obvious problems and asked for help.... however when people tried to help... they were met with derision.... odd behavior.... at best...

the sequencer programming should be interesting... but not a problem for one so gifted... I suppose..????
    Last edited by H80N; 02-02-2012 at 03:32 PM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

My wife told me she was going to the hair salon tomorrow, are there any members here that would like to join her? Maybe ya'll could talk your selves to death. H80N, I respect your posts and learn from all of them, your solid! SundownIII, the same and more. I'd hate to get in a battle with you on a thread. I'm going to risk my name saying this. RC, you proved your point that your an educated man, we can all sumise that from your posts, vocabulary, and your references to mark twain. You've got our attention represented by the long thread of responses. Do us a favor, get on your ladder and strike an arc. After your finished take a pic and post it, show us how you handle that tig torch....you have proved that you can master the English language, prove you can weld!.....or...shut it.
    Last edited by ja baudin; 02-03-2012 at 05:38 AM.

Dynasty 200 DX
    Diversion 180 (FOR SALE)
    Millermatic 350P, XR-Aluma-Pro
    30A Spoolgun
    Lincoln Pro Mig 140
    Hypertherm Powermax 30
    14" Rage Evolution 360
    40 ton press brake
    Shop full of tools

Wow. Even though I have trouble with the rotary dial finger control, I did not find it unusable. It does work as described. I just did my homework and found the correct solution.

Then to settle for 2T/4T kind of says it all. Why not just go to lift arc then?

I was floored when the Eastwood tig was a viable option. But I gave the benefit of the doubt. The Dynasty200DX is a serious welder and needs time to master it. Same with the remote contactor/current controls.

I gather Randall bought his outfit online or mail order too. Surely things are not going his way, and could have been a better experience had he gone to an LWS. All to common these days. Oh, well.

I don't know, my head hurts.
    Nothing welded, Nothing gained

Miller Dynasty700DX
    3 ea. Miller Dynasty350DX
    Miller Dynasty200DX
    ThermalArc 400 GTSW
    MillerMatic350P
    MillerMatic200 with spoolgun
    MKCobraMig260
    Lincoln SP-170T
    Linde UCC305 (sold 2011)
    Hypertherm 1250
    Hypertherm 800
    PlasmaCam CNC cutter
    Fadal Toolroom CNC Mill
    SiberHegner CNC Mill
    2 ea. Bridgeport
    LeBlond 15" Lathe
    Haberle 18" Cold Saw
    Doringer 14" Cold Saw
    6 foot x 12 foot Mojave granite

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Allen View Post
    I did that several weeks before settling on the Dynasty 200 DX. An Eastwood was available with similar welding functionality for 1/3 the cost, but I favored Miller because I've always found their gear to work well - up to the inherent limits of the process. That is not the case here. That isn't an attitude. It is a fact. It works well up to the limits imposed by a compromise in torch quality. It is all about dollars.
    Randall,

Without a doubt your Dynasty is a far cry from the Eastwood. By far the overall performance of your Dynasty outweighs the limitations of the torch you chose.

The biggest issue is that there are many options for remote current/contactor controllers to choose from, unlike the Eastwood scenario.

I think you are selling yourself and Miller short by not trying out these other options. Just like gloves, you have to find the best fit.

And by the way, the finger controller works very, very well for some people other than yourself. Don't a need for Miller to change the design.

I hope you hang out with us and let us know how you made out. If it was me, and felt stuck with this torch, I would start clearancing the sides to get more grip on the dial. Me though, I knew what I wanted in advance and am very happy.

Good Day

Miller Dynasty700DX
    Miller Dynasty200DX
    ThermalArc 400 GTSW
    MillerMatic350P
    MKCobraMig260
    Lincoln SP-170T
    Linde UCC305 (sold 2011)
    Hypertherm 1250
    Hypertherm 800
    PlasmaCam CNC cutter
    Fadal Toolroom CNC Mill
    SiberHegner CNC Mill
    2 ea. Bridgeport
    LeBlond 15" Lathe
    Haberle 18" Cold Saw
    Doringer 14" Cold Saw

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Allen View Post

I asked fo help, and got it from some folks. Others who wanted to educate me so I would willingly accept mediocrity as reasonable in a torch for a $4,600 welder failed miserably. All they did was make me tired. Perhaps they will take pride in that.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You paid $4600$

Miller Dynasty700DX
    Miller Dynasty200DX
    ThermalArc 400 GTSW
    MillerMatic350P
    MKCobraMig260
    Lincoln SP-170T
    Linde UCC305 (sold 2011)
    Hypertherm 1250
    Hypertherm 800
    PlasmaCam CNC cutter
    Fadal Toolroom CNC Mill
    SiberHegner CNC Mill
    2 ea. Bridgeport
    LeBlond 15" Lathe
    Haberle 18" Cold Saw
    Doringer 14" Cold Saw

I suspect the OP is going to have trouble with ANY fingertip control, since it's hard to weld with a sprained shoulder, from patting oneself on the back.

He may be "the next coming when it comes to electrical engineering", but he doesn't know jack about tig welding and the controls used to accomplish specific tasks. Also, if he paid $4,600 for his machine, he hasn't figured out how to "strike the best deal". Maybe he's a little "butt hurt" about that.

If he'd spent an hour on the forum BEFORE HE PURCHASED HIS MACHINE, he'd have known better what to order. Instead, he chose to order his machine and then condemn Miller for selling him something that didn't perform as he expected.

As I said before, there is NO single remote control that does every task BEST. I have the foot pedal, the fingertip amp controller, and a on/off button, and use the one that best serves the task at hand.
    Syncrowave 250 DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200 DX
    Miller XMT 304 w/714D Feeder & Optima Control
    Miller MM 251 w/Q300 & 30A SG
    Hobart HH187
    Dialarc 250 AC/DC
    Hypertherm PM 600 & 1250
    Wilton 7"x12" bandsaw
    PC Dry Cut Saw, Dewalt Chop Saw
    Milwaukee 8" Metal Cut Saw, Milwaukee Portaband.
    Thermco and Smith (2) Gas Mixers
    More grinders than hands

I think all that needed to be said on this topic has been covered.