Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default amphenol connectors

does anyone have any for sale? i have weatherpack connectors and was going to make an adapter to the 14 pin but would like to keep it the same. my lws wants an arm and a leg for them

How much do they want out of curiousity. For real mil spec Amphenol, I pay $22 for the male and $27 something for the female.

they wanted $52 for the male and 59 for the female

Amphenol connectors are pretty standard in a lot of applications, so they shouldn't be too, too hard to find. Also, I do believe that Amphenol (and/or some of their imitators) has a catalog available online so you can look through there to find what you need to do the job.

I don't know if you have a GOOD electronics parts store in your area, but if you do, give them a try..they just may have what you need. Also some electric supply places (Graybar, etc may have them). I've had to fix a few amphenol connectors, but luckily had 2 things going for me (1) I worked on equipment that used those connectors when I was an electronics repair guy in the Army (LOOOOONG time ago!), so was fairly familiar with working on them and (2) my next door neighbor has a contract with the US Government working on stuff like that so he had a BUNCH of different connectors and pins to dig through in his shop and I found exactly what I needed when the local CC needed to have some connectors fixed.

Just so you know, there are a couple of common types of Amphenol (and the knock-offs). One type needs a small plastic tool (there are several types of these tools, depending on with type of connector and pins you are working on. At first glance they look sort of like hollow round plastic tooth picks (in size and shape) that slides in around the individual pin to release the barbs to get the pin out. Those little tools are pretty delicate and it takes a gentle touch to use them or you will tear them up. The other has a circlip looking clip that holds all the innards in the connector and you don't need any SPECIAL tool to get them apart other than something to get the circlip out and once they are apart, the pins will just drop right out....no tang holding them in. If you have a choice, the ones with the circlip are easy to work on, but having a few spare circlips handy is a good thing because they are pretty easy to bend up.
    Last edited by dondlhmn; 02-01-2012 at 06:53 PM.
    Don J
    Reno, NV

Never pick a fight with an old guy. Old guys are too smart to fight and get hurt. They'll just kill you and get it over with.

cruiser what is your phone number and business hours if you wouldnt mind selling me a few connectors? also would you have any cable for so i could make an extention?

Really, not worth your time, when you factor in shipping out of Canada. Shipping a built cord that you don't have to build or worry about ever might be a better solution.

Jeff