Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I ran a bead on mild steel where I purchased it. He didnt have any Aluminum to weld so I did not try AC. I changed my mind because I like to save money like most and found this unit for $1000 and the diversion costs $1850 shipped. Also I liked that it has adjustbale AC balance rather than the diversion. I was reading about all of the issues with the syncrowaves on this forum and was hesitant to purchase this one but I am an impulse buyer and do not like to wait a week+ after I purchase something to recieve it. I dont "Claim" to know whats wrong with this machine but just assuming it after comparing my problem with others. Its like I assume your being an ass but you do not "Claim" to be...

So enough with the bashing the newbie on the board and if you have a helpful suggestion please say so and stop the bickering. Do you want me to take a picture of the hours and cycles? Would that get me further?

S/N LC530964 which makes it a late 03 model not 04 (MY BAD before I get flamed)

Quote Originally Posted by 417Diver View Post
    (MY BAD before I get flamed)
    I am going to pretend everything you posted is honest and correct. Your problem is that you incorrectly reassembled the torch when you put the newly ground tungsten in. After being around amateur TIG welders for a number of years it is the most logical explanation for your circumstances.

How do you incorrectly assemble a torch? And why would I come on the forum and lie about a welder? And after reading through my 1st post I guess I should have added the previous owner bought this from Airgas which they used as a "floor model" but not sure if that is why the cycles are strange or not.

Well I went out anyway and pulled the torch apart. I did find a broken piece of tungsten still inside the backcap which was pure tungsten. Anyways I still hate you Dipsomaniac but this did fix the problem. Not sure if it was the broken piece or something else. So I wish you would have said this the other day rather than not believing my timer/cycle count.

Way to put the newbie in his place.

Anyways I still hate you Dipsomaniac but this did fix the problem.
    I am happy for you...

Going to guess and say that your in between ranges, I'd move that selector switch back and forth a few times. Also might want to try the unit in stick with the foot pedal.

As for the HF going off and on, its continous for AC, and only for start in DC.

It may be that your tig torch is pooched as well, if it runs fine in Stick, then you'll know for sure whether its the machine or the tig torch.

Im using the diamond back torch with the flow through adapter but have a weldcraft (from my maxstar 200dx) with the 2 piece connector (one gas, one power). Do I just swap the flow through adapter from the diamondback to the weldcraft?

Default Q5gt-150

The 180SD wants to see a Weldcraft Q5GT-150 power adaptor or equiv... this is with the assumption that you are installing an aircooled torch... like a 9 or 17 series...

http://www.weldcraft.com/pdfs/Q5GT%2...n-Assembly.pdf

if you are going water cooled... it wants a Q5WGT

http://www.weldcraft.com/pdfs/Q5WGT-...n-Assembly.pdf
    Last edited by H80N; 01-28-2012 at 07:19 PM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

Well the fact is that the machine is inoperative. This seems to be very common for the syncrowaves and maybe I was incorrect on the timer but I still have the right to be upset over the quality of these machines.
    Yeah and God knows you're obviously an expert on welding machines in general and Syncrowaves in particular.

Did you check to see whether it was plugged in and turned on?

Quote Originally Posted by Helios View Post
    Yeah and God knows you're obviously an expert on welding machines in general and Syncrowaves in particular.

Did you check to see whether it was plugged in and turned on?
    So your next in line to start?

At least you had something brilliant to say.