Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Everything I see here looks like low voltage to the machine.
    This machine will power up and have all the symptoms you are having if it's on half input voltage.
    Double check your plug wiring and make sure you have 230 volts at the power switch.

Andy
    Last edited by ASKANDY; 02-01-2012 at 07:48 AM.

All works fine now. Someone can close this thread now.

You know people are going to want to know...
    What was the problem?

a-

Quote Originally Posted by ASKANDY View Post
    You know people are going to want to know...
    What was the problem?

a-
    Round electrons in a square(wave)machine?
    That dammed Blue paint you guys use!
    Operator error?

Seriously,if you take these posts(from guys trying to help you)so personally then you may want to take up knitting or stamp collecting.They may seem gruff but you won't find a better,more knowledgable bunch of weldors anywhere bar none.

Quote Originally Posted by 417Diver View Post
    Well I went out anyway and pulled the torch apart. I did find a broken piece of tungsten still inside the backcap which was pure tungsten. Anyways I still hate you Dipsomaniac but this did fix the problem. Not sure if it was the broken piece or something else. So I wish you would have said this the other day rather than not believing my timer/cycle count.

Way to put the newbie in his place.
    Plus found the ground wire in the plug loose which I guess was causing the HF to cut in an out when on. Today installing a ground rod and grounding everything to prevent the internet from crashing.

Quote Originally Posted by big mike View Post
    Round electrons in a square(wave)machine?
    That dammed Blue paint you guys use!
    Operator error?

Seriously,if you take these posts(from guys trying to help you)so personally then you may want to take up knitting or stamp collecting.They may seem gruff but you won't find a better,more knowledgable bunch of weldors anywhere bar none.
    I expected bastads to fire at the newbie but the not believing my cycle/timer count was almost annoying. Anyways I am glad its fixed now!

I expected bastads to fire at the newbie but the not believing my cycle/timer count was almost annoying. Anyways I am glad its fixed now!
    Why you would take this stuff so personally is beyond me.... calm down... looked like normal problem solving to me... maybe with a touch of levity...
    You may not understand how tough it is to troubleshoot something in a remote location.... these guys were trying to help you...

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

Plus found the ground wire in the plug loose which I guess was causing the HF to cut in an out when on. Today installing a ground rod and grounding everything to prevent the internet from crashing.
    Well, that has zero to do with the output weld or HF, and pounding a ground rod is equally as pointless

As for the timers, 16 hrs of on time doesn't equate t0 2400 on/off cycles, unless the old operator pressed the pedal like a machine gun
    Last edited by cruizer; 02-02-2012 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cruizer View Post
    Well, that has zero to do with the output weld or HF, and pounding a ground rod is equally as pointless

As for the timers, 16 hrs of on time doesn't equate t0 2400 on/off cycles, unless the old operator pressed the pedal like a machine gun
    I will let you know if the ground rod stops the interference with the internet. As for the timer, I am just reading whats on the machine. I would assume that since it was a display model it was used to show customers and that would possibly get your the crazy time/cycles.

Quote Originally Posted by H80N View Post
    Why you would take this stuff so personally is beyond me.... calm down... looked like normal problem solving to me... maybe with a touch of levity...
    You may not understand how tough it is to troubleshoot something in a remote location.... these guys were trying to help you...
    I am not taking it personally