Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default "The Wheelchair" (HH187 cart)

I purchased my dad a HH187 for Christmas with the intention of us building a cart for it together, After I got started bending and cutting the tubing, I just decided to finish up the cart and then give it to him complete. Well here it it 2 months later and I finally finished it up. As usual, I didn't take any build pics.
    I will not bore anyone with the details, but if you have any questions, please just ask.
    Thanks for looking,
    t
    original design

pile of metal

Plan B (cut main assembly into 2 pieces)

finished

rear axle

There are a few more pics
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v4...0hh187%20cart/

If you want to check them out.

Thanks for looking

t

Thumbs up

very nice design. dad is a lucky guy to have you around.

welcome to the site, always good to have more idea's.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Very nice. Looks like you could add a shelf for a helmet or covered storage under the welder too.
    Weekend wannab racer with some welders.

Thanks Fun. I have been a member on the "motor sports" board for a while, I was surprised that I had to register separately for this one.

Vice-the original intention was to add a shelf below, but my Dad being 68 and a little big boned, I thought it would be more of a hassle for him to bend over and pick up whatever was off the shelf. He has the welder now, so if he wants to add a shelf I still have a bunch of enough extra expanded metal that he (we ) can use to make one.

Thanks for the replies.
    t

Very nice job on the cart. Your Dad is one lucky man for receiving such a nice gift and for having a son like you. One can see you paid attention to the details in that cart. I hope we see pics of more projects, your Dads included
    Ken

What else is there besides welding and riding. Besides that

Miller Thunderbolt XL 300/200 AC/DC
    Hobart Handler 187
    Dewalt Chop Saw
    4" Air Grinder
    Die Grinder
    Rigid Drill Press
    Kellogg 10hp Air Compressor

2009 FXDC

Default That's pretty cool.

It's nice to see something different, yet well conceived.

Two different logins for only a short time longer, as the forums are merging under one login.