Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default best welding helmet

Viking 3350 by lincoln or the 9400I by miller

Quote Originally Posted by David Braun View Post
    Hello cruizer, I believe it was you who replied to my original post a few months back but I wasn't able to find it on this forum anymore. I did not include the serial# of my machine; LE119717. Per your instructions I checked the resistance of the drive motor which was 17.1 ohms, but I don't remember what you said it's supposed to be. In addition, I checked the voltage at the drive motor connector and while activating the gun trigger I got .202 VAC with the motor disconnected and .0001 VAC with it plugged in. Does this indicate a bad motor? The motor runs connected to 12VDC, and I already replaced the main PC board. ( the price of listening to a friend who thought they knew what they were talking about).
    click on your own username, you'll find every post you ever made.
    Obviously, I'm just a hack-artist, you shouldn't be listening to anything I say .....

Default Big 40d throttle

The throttle up on this 1994 does not function. I am thinking i can substitute a hot toggle switch. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by cruizer View Post
    If you have a technical question it is best to post the problems you are having with the unit and please post a serial#, so that we (Miller CST welder techs) can go to the private tech sites, be it Miller, Lincoln, or where ever and pull up the correct diagrams.

This is a free service to you, so give us as much information as you can. May save you alot of coin.
    miller big 40 serial ke 6550844. Problem is it runs great I put new brushes in but this generator will produce welding current just been doing 3/32 6011 and 1/8 7018. I turnoff the machine And restart to weld and no weld current. Even when I leave the machine running and take a break and try to continue the welding, no arc. I have been thru new leads and lugs ong with ground clamp and stinger. Please help I really love having a diesel and want this machine to last. Thank you

Best bet is to start your own thread with a problem.
    MM250
    Trailblazer 250g
    22a feeder
    Lincoln ac/dc 225
    Victor O/A
    MM200 black face
    Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
    Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
    Arco roto-phase model M
    Vectrax 7x12 band saw
    Miller spectrum 875
    30a spoolgun w/wc-24
    Syncrowave 250
    RCCS-14

Default Introduction

Hello to all!
    I do not see an introduction Sticky in your forum so I thought I would post here.

My name is Kelly, I am the production manager of a fabrication company.
    I have an Engineering degree from Cal Poly in Welding Technology. I am also a CWI.
    I have been lurking around this forum for awhile and have gotten some great information about Miller machines. Thanks to Cruizer.
    This is a great forum and the responses have been most helpful, keep up the good work.
    Kelly

Question Serial number!

Hi, not sure if this is the right place for this since I am new on here but I have a really old Miller Stick Welder and the casing on it is pretty rusted but I found a set of letters and numbers on the front, so I was wondering if anyone can tell me anything about my welder by these characters? I went to the Serial Number section of this site but mine is not listed. The number is CL47058

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnErica View Post
    Hi, not sure if this is the right place for this since I am new on here but I have a really old Miller Stick Welder and the casing on it is pretty rusted but I found a set of letters and numbers on the front, so I was wondering if anyone can tell me anything about my welder by these characters? I went to the Serial Number section of this site but mine is not listed. The number is CL47058

Just start a new thread with your question. A few of the tech guys will chime in and shoot ya straight. Good dudes in this site. Good luck.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Precision View Post
    Just start a new thread with your question. A few of the tech guys will chime in and shoot ya straight. Good dudes in this site. Good luck.
    And a couple of pics of the front panel wouldn't hurt either...
    Last edited by H80N; 09-14-2013 at 08:03 PM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

Quote Originally Posted by Miller Welders View Post
    This is a place to discuss welding and related topics. It provides a place for welders to connect with one another and harness the collective intelligence of the welding community to finish a project, share best practices, troubleshoot your application and get practical, hands-on welding advice.

If your question is about a specific process or piece of equipment, it’s helpful to provide as much detail as possible in your post – material and thickness, model name and number, serial number, or even upload a photo of your machine or your work. Have you first read the manual for your particular model? (Download Manuals)

If you require a direct response from Miller, please use the Contact Us page [http://www.millerwelds.com/service/contactus.html].

All people and points of view are welcome! But please remember to be respectful to others when you post.

Full terms of use are here [http://www.millerwelds.com/about/terms.html], and if you have any questions or comments, please send them to forum@millerwelds.com.
    I'm sorry if I'm in the wrong area. My girlfriend just inherited her fathers welder. It is a MillerMatic 35. I have no idea about one this old. I am teaching her to weld, starting with mig, then tig! How do I clean the dirt dawbers and wasp nest out without damaging the machine? This machine was bought on the 70s-but it has serious sentimental value to my little buddy