Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Welcome to the MillerWelds.com Discussion Forums

This is a place to discuss welding and related topics. It provides a place for welders to connect with one another and harness the collective intelligence of the welding community to finish a project, share best practices, troubleshoot your application and get practical, hands-on welding advice.

If your question is about a specific process or piece of equipment, it’s helpful to provide as much detail as possible in your post – material and thickness, model name and number, serial number, or even upload a photo of your machine or your work. Have you first read the manual for your particular model? (Download Manuals)

If you require a direct response from Miller, please use the Contact Us page [http://www.millerwelds.com/service/contactus.html].

All people and points of view are welcome! But please remember to be respectful to others when you post.

Full terms of use are here [http://www.millerwelds.com/about/terms.html], and if you have any questions or comments, please send them to forum@millerwelds.com.
    Last edited by Admin; 02-01-2012 at 09:12 AM.

Like the new sticky, to the point and covers the interest of both new and old members. might help iron out some of the back and forth. Ja

Dynasty 200 DX
    Diversion 180 (FOR SALE)
    Millermatic 350P, XR-Aluma-Pro
    30A Spoolgun
    Lincoln Pro Mig 140
    Hypertherm Powermax 30
    14" Rage Evolution 360
    40 ton press brake
    Shop full of tools

If you have a technical question it is best to post the problems you are having with the unit and please post a serial#, so that we (Miller CST welder techs) can go to the private tech sites, be it Miller, Lincoln, or where ever and pull up the correct diagrams.

This is a free service to you, so give us as much information as you can. May save you alot of coin.
    Last edited by cruizer; 02-14-2012 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cruizer View Post

AND NEW RULES, ONCE A TECH HAS LATCHED ON TO A THREAD ABOUT A SPECIFIC TECHNICAL PROBLEM, NO OTHER TECHS SHOULD/WILL INTERFERE WITH THE LOGIC OF THE ORIGINAL TECH

This is sad... I really enjoyed one of the most epic threads about a Millermatic because of the variety of technical inputs...

Unhappy

"AND NEW RULES, ONCE A TECH HAS LATCHED ON TO A THREAD ABOUT A SPECIFIC TECHNICAL PROBLEM, NO OTHER TECHS SHOULD/WILL INTERFERE WITH THE LOGIC OF THE ORIGINAL TECH"

is this now an official "RULE"??? if so I agree with dipsomaniac

Quote Originally Posted by Dipsomaniac View Post
    This is sad... I really enjoyed one of the most epic threads about a Millermatic because of the variety of technical inputs...

Lots of changes around here lately.... not all of them positive..... The original forum was named "AskAndy"........ now I guess you want to call it ask cruizer???
    while I have a lot of respect for his expertise... he is by no means infallable.... a large portion of the value of this forum has been the technical exchange and give and take......coupled with the vast pool of experience to be drawn upon from the members..

truly sad.......

would very much like some "official" word on this.......
    Last edited by H80N; 02-14-2012 at 10:10 AM. Reason: spelling

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus Mills, Lathes & a Rat Tail File..

Default official rule

The official rule is:

Anyone with technical knowledge about the OP subject matter has a right to share his/her advice.

As most of you know, there are many avenues to attack a technical problem.

A-

No not official, It just when I had pretty much figured out what was wrong with the Millermatic in question and many other machines, everybody jumped in to resolve it and usually pushes the OP farther away from the original problem. So if H80 or Duane jumps in, I'll leave it alone and watch as all the stories unfold. so instead of what could of been 8 posts, it turned into 130 posts.

Thumbs up

Andy
    Thank You for clearing that up.... it was troubling.....

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus Mills, Lathes & a Rat Tail File..

Default mig welder for sale

New to this site looking for the post mig welder generator for sell because he just brought a car help I am looking for my husband.

johnc

jcarpjr@sbcglobal.net

Quote Originally Posted by johnc View Post
    I am looking for my husband.

johnc

jcarpjr@sbcglobal.net
    Welcome, johnc!

I hope you find your husband.