Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default snowmobile clutch guard for a drag sled

Here is a clutch guard I made for a drag sled. Its 3 pieces. outer guard, easily removable, inner guard fastened to chassis, and belly guard, riveted in. It was a pain because of clearance issues. Also first time welding alum with an inverter. Think I'll stick w/ transformer welders for aluminum.Clutch Cover AC2.jpgClutch Cover AC.jpg

Nice work
    With that kind of talent you need to keep up with the newer technology and you will see, after a bit, your work will improve with the inverter's tune-ability.
    But you won't find them instantly awesome when you are already good with a transformer machine. It took me a bit.

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

Thanks..Just seems to me w/ higher end transformer machines, you get the best of both worlds. Maybe I'll change.

With higher end INVERTERS you get the best in THE world
    Cheap inverters.....I can't really say, altho my 200 welds really nice compared to my 700. But then we are talking Miller here not chinese.

Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

Thanks for the input. Yeah I keep the green welder in the corner under a cover when not in use. If it was a 200dx I'd probably have it in the middle of the floor with a light shining on it. By the way have to do a couple mods to this pos today. Lots of revisions so far.

cool.....keep the pics rolling

Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX