Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: The Rig

Default The Rig

I Know, it's just another cart but I thought I'd share anyway.

I love this stuff!

millerrig.jpg

nice!

very nice!!

It looks pretty good, but at this angle it looks like it may be hard to open the side door of the MM to change spools W/O moving it around some. How about a pic from the other side?

Yeah you got me, it is in the way of the door and to be honest I didn't even think about it until you brought it up! haha I guess I was just so pumped when when I brought the PC home I just threw the extension on there in about 15 mins.

Here are some more pics anyway

IMG_0539.jpgIMG_0542.JPGIMG_0540.JPG

Default Rolling Workbench

Just added this rolling workbench. It has a heavy duty Herman Miller bench top that will stand up to much abuse. The Plasma Cutter shortened this project to about 90 mins which is pretty awesome for me coming from using a hacksaw for everything.

IMG_0549.JPGIMG_0551.JPG

As simple it can be using two dolley! I like it! Well done! I bought two 60"x24" dolley made of 2"x2" 1/8 gauge square tubing capable of handlimg 3500Lbs for $50 each with the same idea you got in mind but I use one to move my lathe project and the other one to move my compressor project....Stock for winter.

I realy need to know what you use to paint your workbench (Color code), look like a perfect match for my Emglo double stage pump :-)

Update: Don't bother I make a search and found all info have been already give in "PLENTY" of old thread (OEM match Dupond C5885) give me a occasion to try my new compressor ASAP
    Last edited by OLD SKULL; 02-02-2012 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lyndoman View Post
    Yeah you got me, it is in the way of the door and to be honest I didn't even think about it until you brought it up! haha I guess I was just so pumped when when I brought the PC home I just threw the extension on there in about 15 mins.

Here are some more pics anyway

IMG_0539.jpgIMG_0542.JPGIMG_0540.JPG
    OK, now put that plasma torch to use and cut off the platform it's on and re-weld it to the other side where it won't be in the way of opening the door on the MM180. And while your at it, make a place to put that grinder instead of where it's at. It's blocking cooling air flow to that unit. There are many other options of where it can be put, but not in the air flow stream of the welder. That is sure to down rate the duty cycle lower than it already is. When you get those two items taken care of, then you can post up the changes for the better. Just trying to help you out, with pointing out obvious upgrades that you could have addressed already. I'm not gonna tell you it looks nice until it is looking nice and handy to work with. You wouldn't want me lieing to you, now, would you???
    Last edited by Bistineau; 02-02-2012 at 01:23 PM.