Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: What Year

Default What Year

New here Could someone Help me ID what years they made a Miller AEAD 200 LE with the plug selector front where you must change the plug to change amps every time. Found a nice looking one but I think it may be pretty old.

Check the serial number against the chart and you will know what year it is....

http://www.millerwelds.com/service/s...reference.html

you might print out the chart and keep it in your pocket for reference when you go looking at machines... that way you can check then...

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

Thanks for the chart. I can't get a serial number just yet didn't want to bother him agian till I had an idea about the age. I had hoped I could narrow it down by the plug in front have not seen to many of them.

you can always try looking through the manuals...

http://www.millerwelds.com/service/o...uals.php?model

the problem with that is... that lacking a serial number it will return the newest version...

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

Here is a picture of what it looks like. This is not it his looks much better.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks to be in the 70's how hard would it be to find part for a Onan that old now and in the future and the miller part?

Here are a couple pictures of the welder what do you guys think.

Thanks for the help I think it's just to old maybe mid 70's.
    Thanks David

Quote Originally Posted by daverd4 View Post
    Looks to be in the 70's how hard would it be to find part for a Onan that old now and in the future and the miller part?
    Not that hard. Member onanparts.com has a full compliment of parts for the Onans and miller4less.com carries a host of parts for the AEADs not to mention many "off the shelf" parts were and continue to be used on Millers.

Quote Originally Posted by daverd4 View Post
    Thanks for the help I think it's just to old maybe mid 70's.
    Thanks David
    Shouldn't let that stop you. Still a much better machine than the bargain basement stuff being offered today.
    MM200 w/spot controller and Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180 SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus LPG/NG w/14-pin*
    *Homemade Suitcase Wire Feeder
    *HF-251D-1
    *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
    PakMaster 100XL
    Marquette "Star Jet" 21-110