I am repairing some farm equipment..have to tack weld a strip of 4140 (1/4x3/4x12") to mild steel for a wear strip..I have a stick welder and use 7018 as a good unversal rod..Not sure if it will work for 4140? Just a small project so didn't want to buy large quanities of eletrodes that will just go bad..
Just a farmer