Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Miller Syncrowave 300

Hi !
    I trying to help a welder friend of mine get his Syncrowave 300 back and welding . Problem is when He uses the welder , he claim it does not put out enough current. So I switched pedals from a known good welder Syncrowave 300 which works, the welder stick claims the Syncrowave 300 is not putting out enough current ? IS there some others things I should check and verfiy proper operation of ?
    Any feedback or advice is welcome

Steve

verify input voltage and see if the three phase didn't drop a leg of power.
    then switch it to stick welding and try tig welding by lift starting this way you take the high frequency and the foot pedal out of the loop.
    that will narrow it down to the weld circuit.
    Another thing to check is the ground connection and the connection to the tig torch.
    Kerry
    Miller Syncrowave 200 W/Radiator 1A & water cooled torch
    Millermatic 252 on the wish list
    Bridgeport Mill W/ 2 axis CNC control
    South bend lathe 10LX40
    K.O. Lee surface grinder 6X18
    Over 20 years as a Machinist Toolmaker
    A TWO CAR garage full of tools and a fridge full of beer
    Auto shades are for rookies
    www.KLStottlemyer.com

Quote Originally Posted by Project guy View Post
    Hi !
    I trying to help a welder friend of mine get his Syncrowave 300 back and welding . Problem is when He uses the welder , he claim it does not put out enough current. So I switched pedals from a known good welder Syncrowave 300 which works, the welder stick claims the Syncrowave 300 is not putting out enough current ? IS there some others things I should check and verfiy proper operation of ?
    Any feedback or advice is welcome

Steve
    On older machines it was quite common to have the tig torch and a stinger lead hooked up and the same time. Usually not a problem. However, sometimes the stinger lead being draped over the machine would somehow interfere with the electrical flow when useing the tig torch.
    If your friend has this set-up, try dis-connecting AND removing the stinger lead from the machine.
    Griff

This might be unrelated, but I worked in a shop that had a new Sync 250DX and an older sync 250. If I had the new one set at 180, I'd have to put the old one at 220 to get the same results.

Do welders lose something over time?