Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The way I would do it is, 1/2" 5052 using 4043 filler applied with a caulking gun. Make sure you duct tape the inside seams first. Before pressurizing to 125psi smear a good amount of jb weld to the outside corners. Fill with gas and pressurize. That's how I would do it. However I don't own a boat or welder.

Quote Originally Posted by lamename View Post
    The way I would do it is, 1/2" 5052 using 4043 filler applied with a caulking gun. Make sure you duct tape the inside seams first. Before pressurizing to 125psi smear a good amount of jb weld to the outside corners. Fill with gas and pressurize. That's how I would do it. However I don't own a boat or welder.

Funny... but not that funny...
    we probably have enough clueless neophytes in the audience...... so a few might miss the joke and take that for gospel...... then pester you into the hereafter with truly lame questions......

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

JB Weld, is spray or short arc?

Quote Originally Posted by wrench3047 View Post
    JB Weld, is spray or short arc?

Be aure to get the MARINE JB Weld being that this is for a fuel tank on a boat.
    '77 Miller Bluestar 2E on current service truck
    '99 Miller Bobcat 225NT for New Service Truck
    '85 Millermatic 200 in Shop

'72 Marquete 295 AC cracker box in Shop
    '07 Hypertherm Powermax 1000 G3 Plasma Cutter in Shop
    Miller Elite and Digital Elite Hoods

Default Help the guy!

I did mine this way 5052, corner welded with 5356 AL. Dynasty 200 dx set at 150 amps, 70 bal and 125 freq. ,with a on off button on the water cooled torch. Tacked and started at 1 end to the other, paused for cooling.
    Then presure tested thru the fittings at 4 lbs PSI, soaped tested and found 2 pin holes. Ran over them and all is fine. Not sure if this guy is BS or just needs HELP???

Default why

I would be a lot easier to just buy a small fuel cell
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts

Was this tank ever built? The OP has never said anything else about it. That seems to happen alot around here. Someone asks a question about something, gets some answers, then we don't hear anything more from them on the outcome of the question/answers.

Mainly because of the stupid fools who answer.
    Who would ever want to rely on that? Seriously, we are talking about fuel here. People can die and on a boat drown. It happens.
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller Spoolmate 200
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

Quote Originally Posted by FusionKing View Post
    Mainly because of the stupid fools who answer.
    Who would ever want to rely on that? Seriously, we are talking about fuel here. People can die and on a boat drown. It happens.
    Not just this post, but others too. Sometimes someone asks what welder,saw or whatever to buy, or how to make something. Then after getting several logical answers, never come back to say what the outcome of the original question was.Whether they bought one of the machines suggested or another one and why. Or if they tried building something in a way that was recommended or if it was ever made or not.
    Did this guy actually build this tank or did he finally decide to just buy one like he should have done(which was suggested) in the first place. If he did build it(or attempt to), how did it turn out?