Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm a beginner.

Default I'm a beginner.

I need to build a small yard leveler that I can pull behind a small (15HP) garden tractor. Anyone out there know of any designs or plans for one? Sure could use your help.
    I am a Miller/Hobart fan. Bought a 625 plasma cutter a while back and really like it. I am currently using a friends Millermatic 175 but am in the market for a Millermatic 210 or a 251. Just saw the DVI on Millers web site. Any thoughts and advice for a rookie is appreciated.
    Always trying to learn.

Just a suggestion but you might want to go to your local garden supply, hardware stores, tractor supply, etc. (with a digital camera if they don't mind) and look at the levelers to see the different designs they use. You might come up with your own plan and have a better idea of what gauge metal to use and how much. When you do locate some plans you will be more familiar with the build up. I say this from experience.

These things are engineered????

Dang. We just made a triangle with the apex pointed to the tractor out of heavy straight stock, even a couple pieces of cutting edge we had laying on the scrappile. Dragged it around a little, decided it needed more weight and just kept tacking more scraps onto it until it did a good job...

I would go to the farm supply store and look at the designs there and modify one of their designs for your purpose. Good luck!

pgpettigrew Guest

Default *****???

This may go against the fabricators spirit but unless your a landscaper by trade or just have a incredibly lumpy yard, wont it be easier to rent one for a day?

I'd go to a garden/lawn center and take a few pics and if the guys asks what your doing say your comparing against someone elses. The 210 is a great machine, i love mine and wouldn't trade it in, i don't need to upgrade to a larger machine because i go to my fathers shop, just sold him an XMT456 with an S-74dx wire feeder so i think i have the heavy stuff covered . Good luck with the project.

BCarlucci
    BC

Dynasty 200DX
    Coolmate 3
    MM210 w/3035 spoolgun
    Cutmaster 101
    LC1230 12" Metal Cutting Saw

Did you get the yard leveler built yet, or are you still waiting on design ideas?

We used a old metal bed spring, it works great. Still use it for the gravel drive up north.

Quote Originally Posted by kevhead63 View Post
    We used a old metal bed spring, it works great. Still use it for the gravel drive up north.
    My neighbor uses a piece of 6 ft chain link fence he had left over. He wired it to a piece of pipe to spread one end and put 2 eyes on the pipe to connect ropes to his yard tractor.
    If he needs more weight, he wires on some pieces of pipe.
    Works ok and he can roll it up when done to save space in his shed.
    Thermal Arc GTSW400, Airco Heliwelder II, Miller Dynasty 350, Hypertherm 1000, oxy-fuel setup, metal cutting bandsaw, air compressor, drill press, etc.:

Call me the "Clouseau" of welding !

Ok,now that I looked at the original post date
    These are cool as all get out,
    http://www.weekendfreedommachines.co...35/371021.html