Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Default Everlast 250 EX Inverter Tig Machine

i"me thinking of Purchasing a Everlast 250 EX tig inverter,Does anybody have any information on these inverters ? such as are they a reliable machine,arc charachteristics etc. any information would be helpfull.
    Thanks

Default Go look at weldingweb

Go to the Weldingweb.com forum and search,you may change your mind.
    Last edited by Tundra08; 01-14-2012 at 07:43 AM. Reason: spelling, on a ipad with big fingers. :)
    Miller Diversion 180
    Lincoln Mig Pak 5000 HD
    Hypertherm 45
    Uni-Spotter Stud Welder
    Oxy Set-up with Harris Torch
    Miller 30FX Arc Station
    Miller Elite - Hockey Canada Helmet

Seriously?! You're joking right? Come to the Miller forum to ask about a bottom of the barrel quality product you're thinking about buying?

Gotta hand it to you though - you've got a big set.
    MM200 w/spot controller and Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180 SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus LPG/NG w/14-pin*
    *Homemade Suitcase Wire Feeder
    *HF-251D-1
    *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
    PakMaster 100XL
    Marquette "Star Jet" 21-110

Quote Originally Posted by duaneb55 View Post
    Seriously?! You're joking right? Come to the Miller forum to ask about a bottom of the barrel quality product you're thinking about buying?

Gotta hand it to you though - you've got a big set.
    All ba!!s and no brains.

I thought about buying something other than miller. I ended up buying a maxstar 200 and glad I did. I am 56 years old and all I have ever owned is Miller. Have been very satisfied with them.

LMAO,

Come on the Miller forum and ask about cheap, Chinese junk.

Suggest you go to WeldingWeb. There you'll find several guys who know nothing about welding, but willing to tell you how great their new POS is.

Personally, I wouldn't have one in my shop if they gave it to me.

PS. And they've offered.
    Syncrowave 250 DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200 DX
    Miller XMT 304 w/714D Feeder & Optima Control
    Miller MM 251 w/Q300 & 30A SG
    Hobart HH187
    Dialarc 250 AC/DC
    Hypertherm PM 600 & 1250
    Wilton 7"x12" bandsaw
    PC Dry Cut Saw, Dewalt Chop Saw
    Milwaukee 8" Metal Cut Saw, Milwaukee Portaband.
    Thermco and Smith (2) Gas Mixers
    More grinders than hands

Quote Originally Posted by maharg View Post
    i"me thinking of Purchasing a Everlast 250 EX tig inverter,Does anybody have any information on these inverters ? such as are they a reliable machine,arc charachteristics etc. any information would be helpfull.
    Thanks
    On the grounds of sheer stupidity you should be banned !!!!!
    Last edited by Mr Bigs; 01-14-2012 at 04:56 PM.

I say he can come here and ask anything he wants, its a good chance to make some comparisons. Maybe he has other Miller machines, maybe the "China junk" works, maybe it doesn't, maybe he gets rid of it and buys blue next time. Whats the point of running the guy off? Do that and there is no chance of selling him something better.
    Last edited by Sberry; 01-14-2012 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sberry View Post
    I say he can come here and ask anything he wants, its a good chance to make some comparisons. Maybe he has other Miller machines, maybe the "China junk" works, maybe it doesn't, maybe he gets rid of it and buys blue next time. Whats the point of running the guy off? Do that and there is no chance of selling him something better.
    Why on earth would you come directly into a manufactures forum and ask if you should buy another inferior companies products other than to stir up trouble ?

I'm with Sberry..... this has always been an open forum... with free comparisons of machines and technique..... and indeed sometimes, for a specific user and application... the right machine might end up being a different color... big deal!!!.... we live and learn... that is part of what makes this forum so good....
    While this forum was started and sponsored by Miller... they have been wise enough to allow free comparison of their product with all others.... and Miller welders stand on their own merit.... NOT on some BS Politically correct policy....

That being said...

AS far as the green chinese machine.... You get what you pay for... if it breaks down... expect to replace it as there is no nationwide service and support network... no huge knowledgable user base.... no free document library....

you pay your money and you take your choice..... many of us have invested tens of thousands of dollars in welding equipment.... why would we spend 4 times as much for a Miller welder when we could buy chinese for much less.....??

I say to the OP... take your time and do a REAL comparison... it is your dime.....
    Think about this..... there is a huge quantity of 25+ year old Synchrowaves out there still giving excellent service and being traded briskly on the used market... many years after the shiny blue paint is worn off.... ever wonder why??...
    By the same token.... where will that shiny green chinese box be in just a few years?? or one or two?? .... and if you do face a problem.... would you rather lean on a knowledge base of hundreds of thousands of expert users and tech support people..... or the guy with a cellphone parked next to a shipping container???

Your Dime.... Your Move..

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..