Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default 10" wood saw blades build what?

hi, I was just given a 5 gallon bucket of 10" circular saw wood blades. Most are not usable so what can I build with them. Any ideas from you metal art sculpture pros ? I could use them for a POLISH DISCUS event . It's ok, I am POLISH; no need to feel sorry for me.

Just remember if you hold this Discus event you need to have a Discus Catcher as well as the thrower. The more innovative the catch technique the higher the score, like catching with the teeth.. If these can be done without bloodshed, more points.
    Last edited by Bistineau; 01-13-2012 at 11:33 AM.

Saw blades are fun ..... if you run a series of Hot MIG beads out from the center to the outside edge... like spokes of a wheel.... they will pukker up like a flower when the welds shrink.. Yep they will warp all over the place...

Squiggly beads make an interesting effect as well.............

Not useful but kinda decorative..... seemed like a good idea at the time I tried it... curiosity being what it is.......
    Last edited by H80N; 01-12-2012 at 07:30 PM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

Clocks

I've see knives made of them. Anneal then cut / grind, heat treat, grind more, attach bolsters/scales (handle), polish or finish. They aren't bad, just not too thick. Decent camp, hunting knife.

Frisbie. I get first throw...
    Professional firefighter (retired). Amateur everything else I try to do...
    Oh yeah: GO BIG RED!

Quote Originally Posted by strube1369 View Post
    Frisbie. I get first throw...
    thanks guys, I will see if wife is up to it. I got a bucket full of blades, and a box of band aids! I will try running beads this week. THANKS

Post this over on the Hobart board. There are several talented artistic types that hang out there, they might have some good suggestions.
    Obviously, I'm just a hack-artist, you shouldn't be listening to anything I say .....

Default knife

Build a knife the blade is hard