Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Dynasty 350 remote button

Just purchased a Miller Dynasty 350. What i'm needing is a remote button on the torch. I want is a set up to where when the button is pushed and held down the arc is on and when let off it is off. Can this be done and wired in??? What parts do I need??? Thanks

Default Rms-14

What you want is an RMS-14

RMS-14 Remote On/Off Control (14-pin plug)
    Momentary-contact switch for contactor control. Rubber-covered pushbutton dome switch ideal for repetitive on-off applications. Includes 26.5 ft (8 m) cord and 14-pin plug.
    (For all Miller solid-state power sources after serial number JK674521.)

http://www.millerwelds.com/products/...ccessories.php

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

So I will have to unscrew the plug every time I go from foot pedal to button?? Is this correct?

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by corbyndad View Post
    So I will have to unscrew the plug every time I go from foot pedal to button?? Is this correct?
    Correct....

2T 3T 4T Remote Trigger Operation is on page 66 of the manual... starting with diagram 6-4

http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o216869aa_mil.pdf

BTW You will just Love that DYN 350.... !!!!!

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200

Thanks for your help H80N!

160+ dollars. I always just make mine for about 25. Much less if you don't want it seperate from pedal connector. I've used doorbells old mig gun triggers etc. You can piggyback your trigger connection to your pedal so you can use either. Just depends how pretty you want it. I just use small gage 2 conductor control wire. You can get connector components from digikey or buy complete connectors from ssc controls.

or you might look into the WeldTec switches...

http://tectorch.com/control%20switches.htm

there are probably others as well...

had thought SSC Controls had them... but could not find them on their site...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200

I like the triggers out of a bernard mig gun, a cable and a 20-27 male 14 pin amphenol, otherwise I use a rubber covered button out of a T-dyne plas torch

Merely use a 2 wire 20 gage cable and solder pins "A" & "B"

So your saying if I wire one side of the switch to the A pin and one to the B pin I'll have a push and hold ON and release OFF in the standard mode??

Quote Originally Posted by corbyndad View Post
    So your saying if I wire one side of the switch to the A pin and one to the B pin I'll have a push and hold ON and release OFF in the standard mode??
    take a look at fig 4-13 page 34 of the manual (pg 40 of PDF)

http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o216869aa_mil.pdf

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200