Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Looks very nice and organized. Now show us where you'll actually be doing the welding.
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
    DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
    Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
    20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
    Propane Forge
    60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
    Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
    and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

Default Welding space

I made it so that I can roll it out more into an open space. I worked with a fixed bench before but was always working on something that did not fit.

I am sure it is going to get its character nicks and dings but I thought that I would preserve the flatness as long as I could to help in layout.

I have a paint booth that I put down cheap 1/2" plywood as a floor cover. One tip from the people on this forum was to use plywood to keep the floor from being destroyed. It worked in the paint booth and hopefully it will work on my new epoxy floor.

I have an older beat up cutting table that I will probably leave alone and use for the rough work. It is on casters too.

Anyway, I found out years ago that if you paint something up you tend to respect it a bit more. Sounds good to start up with, anyway.

Jim

Very clever mounting the anvil right there. Do you know what brand of anvil it is?

Default Anvil

I don't know what brand it is, only that it was my dad's and probably his dad's. Where is a brand marked?

The anvil is just sitting there looking for a place. I was thinking about raising it up on a block of wood or mounting it independently on its own.

Jim

well I was fixing to ask the same Ques. if you really want to get a copy of anvils in america. Sometimes on sides and it just depends what kind it is . How heavy is it?

Inferno Forge

Chris

Default Anvil

I weighed the anvil. It weighs 104 lbs.

Jim

Okay Cool! I blacksmith

Inferno Forge

Chris

Thumbs up

Entire setup is excellent!
    Table is excellent, my next project for sure!!!
    Portability and very nice looking.
    Can you get a few more pics of it?

Thanks!!!
    Mike
    Millermatic 210

I agree this is the one of the nicest tables I have seen. I hope you don't mind if barrow you ideas. Now just to find the steel.

Default More Table

No problem copying. I will post some more pictures of it. My idea was to build it like a car frame with a body on top. The frame (H) is heavy but all of the tubing is 1/8". I doubled up in some places where I thought I might be adding attachments.

I always like big casters and fortunately I had some around. I still need to add on some things on it but I am making a list. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Jim